Anyone know what this anemone is?

lovejoy

Hiya,

Can anyone here please let me know what anemone this is as I have been told so many different things by other people, I just don't know anymore

TW704DB38__1.jpg

How can you tell what it is?

How can you tell what it is?

How can you tell what one it is :confused:
If it is a RTBA where have the bubbles gone :eek1:

Does it have bumps on the underside of the oral disk? Are there any colored lines radiating from the mouth? How is it attached? (in sand, on rocks, etc.)

My vote goes to BTA.

Not all BTAs stay "bubbly," contrary to the name. It's not quite known for sure what causes them to bubble or get longer, seems to almost be a "whatever they feel like" kind of thing.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Many thanks for all your help it is grately sort after and also taken in. As for the description of him I have put some more details below.

It stays on the gorund most of the time and yes it does have little spots underneath him and the lines from his mouth upwards.

I goto say you lot know a lot more about this than me. fiar play to you. I am trying my hardest to get to grips with all of this but it is going to take time, time and a lot more time. :rolleyes:

if i wanted to add some colour to my tank in the way of soft corals and i am using t5 tube lighting (2 blues and 2 whites), not the best lighting but still better than some normal tanks. What ones would you think would be a save bet for me. Nothing that will eat my other fish though please.:rollface:

Although I have a well long way to go I have only been doing this since Nov 06 and (touch Wood) I have only lost a couple of things (Sail Fin Tang, Cleaner Shrimp) I didn't want to loose anything but i guess this is what this is like.

Last edited:
Being only in since 11/06 is a little concern. It is recommended not to put an anem in for at least 6 months while you learn to control your tank instead of it controlling you. Being in for only 3-4 months, your cycle has just probably ended, which could account for the losses. Especially if you want as close to no loss as possible(no loss is not possible), you have to do a lot of reading before you put something into the tank. Anem probably not the best choice of stock for at least a few months. I looked at your hobby experience, and being from America was reading it backwards. originally I thought you had been in since Jan 11, 2006:) We Americans make everything you do seem backwards.

To answer, either LTA or BTA. Only reason I say maybe LTA is that the tips look a little different color than the tentacles and it's in the sand instead of rock/glass. I wish you all the best keeping it alive...it can be a struggle for someone with a new and underestablished tank.

see if you can post a picture of the base, right under the anemone. and maybe a better picture of the mouth.

Back