anyone selling snails?

miatawnt2b

I am looking for a place to get snails at a reasonable price around here. Everywhere I go is so crazy expensive.
Thanks,
-J

I usually bring some Cerith snails to the meetings for the raffles. They are good diatom eaters and quite prolific.

Under The Sea in Cranberry sells Nassarius snails for $1, and Margarita Turbo's for $1.25. Hermit Crabs were a buck as well. They had a ton of stuff last time I was there. If you are looking for sand sifters they have a wide selection of conchs too.

i have about 200 nassarius snails left in my tank at home if you are interested. I'll sell them for 75 cents a piece if you're interested.

~Josh

alright, i'll try to see if anyone else needs any that way it's worth the trip, so if you know anyone that needs any let me know. I'll probably look into comming down sometime next week, how's that sound?

~Josh

P.S. Anyone else need some nassarius snails?

i could probably use some also... when do you think you will be coming to pittsburgh?

i could probably take 15-20 off your hands

edit* i could also use about 15-20 ceriths if anyone has some to sell!

Ste6168,

Where in Pittsburgh are you located? Do you have a vehicle to meet somewhere? I am not sure how many orders i have for next week, but i'm sure of 3 so if i didn't have to run all over Pitts that would be good. I'm planing on coming down sometime next week. So are you able to meet somewhere? Thanks

~Josh

uhh... well unless its on the weekend then i will not be able to meet somewhere as im in the same boat as you, only i am an hour the south off pittsburgh at Cal U and your an hour north in slipery rock.

Let me know what you want to do, but i def want to get some of those off you

Mike

*ps - what major you in up there i know a couple kids up there

alright well i'll try to figure something out but i go to erie every weekend to work and that is where my tank is so when i go home on the weekends that's when i pick them up. I could look into shipping them, but i've never done it before. We'll figure something out

~Josh

P.S. I am a Mathematics major with a Statistics Minor.

Hi Steve,

They look like this http://www.jaxshells.org/mud1.jpg so I think they are Ilynassa.

I have some in my tank that I got from Josh that seem to do a good job of cleaning up. I have heard people say that you should not keep them though. What are the reasons?

--Ray

I had a few of the Ilynassa and they are no match for Blue Leg hermits :) Talk about gang tackling......

Anyway I believe the Ilynassa are a cooler water species.

Chuck

I am not sure if they are true. I have some white ones and a lot of black shelled ones. The black shelled ones are the ones that i sell due to the fact that they have multiplied like none other. I bought 50 of each from the lfs about a year back and the black ones just decided to start multiplying like crazy so i started selling them. All the lfs in erie buy them and Under the Sea bought a bunch off of me. People who i have sold to in the past have never told me they had a problem with them. Most of them tell me how they worked out for them. I actually spot the black ones doing more work than the white shelled ones usually especially eating the algae off the glass. But i dont know if they are true or not. They look just like that pic that ray posted. Again, ray has purchased them off of me and he never mentioned to me that he had a problem with them. So any questions about them could be aimed in that direction. Hopefully this helps clear up any gray area. Thanks

~Josh

If anyone wants any let me know so i can pick them up this weekend. i will probably deliever themo on wednesday.

josh

Back