Anyone try the LED lights on Ebay????

I've looked at it and email the vendor, these are Bridgelux LEDs, dont know much about it compare to CREE/Luxeon, but if you do the Lm/W, you can see that it's not that much. You can look at the all white version, which I think it is listed as 3000lm/40W, which is like 75lm/W, comparing to 90+lm/W for other LEDs. But they do have lens on them, so maybe that'll make some differences. also, the one you're looking at is half blue/white, so i'm assuming that it'll be even less lm/w. I would give it a try, it is on sell from 155.

I thought about buying one just to try it out.It`ll be for the rear corner of My 92 corner bowfront.I have a sinle 400w in a lumenbrite(full sized)and the rear doesnt get lit that well.If it doesnt work too well I`ll just use it as a light over a shallow frag tank or something.

I looked at those, they're all 1 watt lamps so it probably cannot keep any corals alive. would work for a FO tank but so do NO fluorescent tubes or CF lamps which can be rigged up for alot cheaper. IMO not worth it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15243553#post15243553 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Skeptic_07
I looked at those, they're all 1 watt lamps so it probably cannot keep any corals alive. would work for a FO tank but so do NO fluorescent tubes or CF lamps which can be rigged up for alot cheaper. IMO not worth it.

what are you basing this on? "cannot keep any corals alive"...thats just nonesense.

not pushing these lights, in fact I'm not a believer in LEDs just yet, but come on

fine, you probably could keep the lowest of low light corals alive, but not really grow them. happy now? Its a moot point though because it would probably work fine for what the OP was going to use it for which I didnt get to see when i made my post.

Back