anyone use crystal seas marinemix salt?

DMK

i started my 92g reef tank 3 years ago using this salt, mostly because at the time, it was "the" salt. i always used IO before. now i don't hear much about crystal seas. anyone use it? how do u like it? i had a few sps get STN and i sometimes wonder if this salt had anything to do w/ it since my parameters are on point and stable for long time, excellent flow, etc.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6503002#post6503002 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dirtyreefer
This stuff has had a bad rap lately, I personally wouldn't trust it for SPS but that's just my opinion.
can u ellaborate on this?what did you hear or read? anyone else hear this?

do a search. crystal seas caused a ton of problems for a lot of people on this board, even worse than some of the reported problems associated with oceanic salt.

i use instant ocean and have no complaints.

what problems did u hear of? anyone using seachem reef salt. i'm thinking of trying this.

i would trust seachem salt over crystal seas any day.

i havent personally tried seachem, i use IO and pretty much always will because i've never had a problem with it. as far as i know seachem salt is still fairly new to the market so you may want to give it some time and do some research and get customer feedback before you decide to use it.

Back