Anyone using Jebao dosing pumps?

griss

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
Prices are good and I’ve had good luck with Jebao powerheads and gyre pumps.

Yep, running Jebao DP4 since 2021 that I got off Amazon. I only use two heads but 1 runs every hour around the clock dosing kalk. I'm on my 3rd head for that ( I just swap one of the empties plus they give you 1 spare). I'm sure the other heads are still good, then just need a good clean and I haven't done it.:whistle:

Overall it's been fully reliable.

Yep, running Jebao DP4 since 2021 that I got off Amazon. I only use two heads but 1 runs every hour around the clock dosing kalk. I'm on my 3rd head for that ( I just swap one of the empties plus they give you 1 spare). I'm sure the other heads are still good, then just need a good clean and I haven't done it.:whistle:

Overall it's been fully reliable.
Thanks Sean👍

@kharmaguru hey Sean, how often do the heads fail and can you purchase replacements? I know Fish Street is a distributor of Jebao, but I didn’t see replacement heads on their website.

Thinking about this

As a temporary/cheap solution since right now I’m only looking to dose kalk. Any downside to going this route anyone can see?

Thinking about this

As a temporary/cheap solution since right now I’m only looking to dose kalk. Any downside to going this route anyone can see?
Sure but you'll need to plug it into some kind of short duration timer since it has no programmability, or are just going to run it continuously?

Sure but you'll need to plug it into some kind of short duration timer since it has no programmability, or are just going to run it continuously?
Right now I’m drip dosing kalk using a Little Dripper reptile Dripper and dripping 24/7.

The description says 0-180 ml per minute but the pics/video don’t show how you would adjust it????

I think it's fully DIY. The listing says mode of control is Stepper Driver but I doubt that's included and you'll need a power supply too. This video also specifically mentions the controllable stepper motor requiring a controller.

Maybe try one of these already done deals.

Amazon.com

Amazon.com

Amazon.com

Obviously YMMV.

The description says 0-180 ml per minute but the pics/video don’t show how you would adjust it????
You need a driver for that motor. I'm playing with this one which lets you run the pump for x revolutions every y secs.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...t_main.11.5d291802S2JOr4&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa
with this pump
Amazon.com
but it should work with the kamaoer pump.

p.s. There are a lot of drivers that will work but they generally need PWM or some other input for control.

Back