Alk maintenance…what’s everyone using for dosing?

I'm currently dosing Kalkwasser. I have a 40 Breeder, 5 gallons in the 10 gallon sump and a 5 gallon refugium. I drip Kalkwasser from a ZooMed Little Dripper at about a gallon of weak Kalk solution a day. The Little Dripper holds a little over a half gallon and I add it once in the morning and once in the evening. This has maintained my Alkalinity, stabilized my pH and add Ca.

I also add Fluval Mg and Iodine weekly.

I plan to get a 4-head dosing pump sometime in the near future. When I do, I'll discontinue dripping Kalk. I'll then dose BRS Alk, Ca, Mg and only dose Kalk to help keep pH up.

I'm currently dosing Kalkwasser. I have a 40 Breeder, 5 gallons in the 10 gallon sump and a 5 gallon refugium. I drip Kalkwasser from a ZooMed Little Dripper at about a gallon of weak Kalk solution a day. The Little Dripper holds a little over a half gallon and I add it once in the morning and once in the evening. This has maintained my Alkalinity, stabilized my pH and add Ca.
I tried that device....the dripper head leaked all over the place.....

THE BEST CONTAINERS FOR DOSING IMO...and cheap as hell.....
1702508681513.png

That’s kind of the reason I asked… I’m just scared of automation . I should say I’m scared of the potential problems that arise from automation
I used to just run a airline hose siphon out of a milk jug with one of those pinch clamps on the line to set the drip rate. It doesn't need to be complicated for sure.

I use a Neptune Dos to dose All For Reef. Only had an issue once where I pushed the bottle against the manual dose button and overdosed my tank. Wasn’t a doser fault, was completely my fault.

Back