Apex help

Ocean View

Premium Member
I set up several float's to set off the small speaker in the display box and send me a text.
Now what I would like to do is have a warning device wired in a different part of the house. This is where I need help. I'm not sure how I would go about it.
I know how to set up a single switch device but not one that will go off if any one of my 8 switches are triggered?
I'm not sure which type to use either. I'm thinking one with a battery not hard wired or plugged it.
Any suggestions or program help would be appreciated.

That's a good one. I would ask russm or aqua maniac in the Neptune forum then please tell me what you decide to do.. A remote alarm.... Interesting. I never considered it as I just have it text my phone

I think I'll just use a Failed Circuit Alarm. I found one that has a 12' cord.
I'll just plug it into one of the outlets and program the outlet to turn off if any of the switches close.

I was going. To suggest a simple buzzer that would be activated off the eb8 if an event was triggerd. Or you could get a revolving red light. That would be cool!

You could use a 110v relay with a normally closed set of contacts. the contacts would be wired to 12v dc remote alarm powered by a battery back up. The
110v coil would be energized by your apex outlet which would hold the relay contacts open. If the power fails or the apex turns on any alarm the relay is di energized and the alarm would be sounded until the power is reestablished or the apex alarm is corrected or your battery goes dead. The 12v alarm wiring would be easy to run. You could use thermostat wire.

Now get to work.:lol:

You could use a 110v relay with a normally closed set of contacts. the contacts would be wired to 12v dc remote alarm powered by a battery back up. The
110v coil would be energized by your apex outlet which would hold the relay contacts open. If the power fails or the apex turns on any alarm the relay is di energized and the alarm would be sounded until the power is reestablished or the apex alarm is corrected or your battery goes dead. The 12v alarm wiring would be easy to run. You could use thermostat wire.

Now get to work.:lol:

You lost me at "you.."

Back