Apex problem.

Nathan4Wvu

Do you like Phil Collins?
Recently, my ISP started blocking port 80 so in order for my apex to connect to my android app I had to change the port to 79. Well, after I changed it (on the apex and router) my phone app started working but I cannot connect though my home LAN on PC or Ipad....

I can ping the apex through command prompt its IP is 192,168.1.50. When I try and open it on the PC it comes up page cannot be displayed. I have tried firefox, chrome and IE. Also, I have cleared the browser settings and reset the net settings on the Apex. I can change it right back to port 80 and bam it connects though the LAN and not the web. :headwally::headwally::headwally::furious:

It's driving me nuts!!! Am i missing something simple?

Anyone have any ideas!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I did try the address listed above.

I did get a different message from firefox that said it was blocking it becuse it was a port not used for internet browsing.

This is one of those annoying "features" of Firefox that I wish they'd just stop doing. You can get around this by following the instructions here: http://www.securitypronews.com/solution-to-the-firefox-port-problem-2006-10

Though, if you set it to one of the other recognized web ports (88, 8080), it'd also work.

Back