Apista help

i got two really amazing peppermint shrimp who knocked out my aptasia in a day. it was ridiculous!

Last edited:
Ive read that people train their shrimp with flake food by feeding it to the anemone and the shrimp tear them apart to get to the food.

What if i buy some nudi's and donate them. Then we can share them around the tanks?

how hard are they to find/catch once its all gone? I found a nudi in my frag tank... looked white-ish/clear. sucked it out with a turkey baster. thinking about dosing some FWE in there to make sure I dont have an infestation. stupid frags. i even dipped them. :angryfire:

and do they eat anything else, like corals, etc?

The Berghia Nudibrachs ONLY eat Aiptasia. Nothing else. Nudibranchs are specialized predators and eat solely their food of choice. IE Ones that eat Zoanthids only eat Zoanthids, ones that eat Sponges solely eat Sponges, etc.

how hard are they to find/catch once its all gone? I found a nudi in my frag tank... looked white-ish/clear. sucked it out with a turkey baster. thinking about dosing some FWE in there to make sure I dont have an infestation. stupid frags. i even dipped them. :angryfire:

and do they eat anything else, like corals, etc?

I have no idea how hard they are to catch.

I bought a nice 12" rock from the LFS that had about 20 of them on it. I mixed up some kalk paste in a small bowl to a toothpaste consistency. Next, during a water change I pulled the rock out and using a butter knife smeared the paste on all 20 of them ( enough to cover ) and placed the rock in a bucket of water i removed for the H2o change. Ten Min later pulled the rock up, rinsed and removed any paste.

Just to be safe I placed the rock in the sump w my skimmer as my tangs like to nibble on any new rock work. A few days later, the rock was back in my DT with no signs of Aiptasia since. I've done two rocks like that in 6 months with no re-occurences and no stress issues with corals or livestock.

I bought three peppermint shrimp that I thought died since I still haven't seen since I bought them but I recently noticed that almost all of the aptasias are gone. I haven't changed anything with the tank so I'm hoping they're alive and keep up the good work!

I found lemon juice worked and then I realized my PH down solution is food grade citric acid so I poked and squirted all around with that and it seemed to take care of it

Back