April Meeting

I talked with Bill last night and confirmed that for his meeting he would like to have a "Rummage Sale" type event where everyone can bring in their "no longer used" equipment (Whether new or old) to sell/trade/whatever to those who may have use of it.

We all have equipment (dry goods) that we no longer use due to upgrades, different setups, etc. This sounds like a great opportunity!

His email is down which is why others are posting...

Again, Bill's address is:

7934 N Granville Rd

Milwaukee, WI

Date and Time is April 23rd, 1PM

Basically, take Good Hope Road to 99th. St. Turn North. Go around the bend (past the high school ball fields )and 99th turns into Granville.

Steve

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7121181#post7121181 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hahnmeister
Sorry, I feel I should know this... but what is CC?

crushed coral:)

I have a 30inch 65 watt 6700K PC coralife aqualight bulb fixture if anyone is interested?(never used) With mounting legs.
Would do great over a refuge.

Ah, well if you have a good source for CC, let me know...I need more for making more aragacrete...

AS far as things I would bring...
I have a 10g drilled w/ a nice custom stand and baffled 10g sump. The stand even has a built in regent reflector w/ 70 watt halide light. Im considering selling the light as well...ah, heck, I know I should sell that too. The ballast is an Aromat 5EU that was a recent replacement (used less than 2 months before switching to a new tank w/ T5s). So the 70watt halide is on the block as well...bulbs, ballast, reflectors...whatever. Im thinking $100 for the halide setup (extra new bulb besides the ones Ive used, extra reflector & stand), and $80 for the nano setup.

I know I have extra EBO heaters laying around (downsized from having a few dozen tanks w/ cichlids to a few reefs since).

Pumps...prolly, but not sure what I want to get rid of...they come in kinda handy...but I have dozens...

I was going to try and bring some stream modded MJ pumps, and one for Boyd to take home and use on his 150g rather than the three MJ1200s he currently uses. I was also going to bring some modded SCWDs to show. I have attached 3/4" inlets and outlets, as well as a cleanout cap to the top for easy cleaning.

I have a few 36wattPC bulbs, and a 2x36wattPC fixture I think I should sell. Some medium use actinics, and some never used blue bulbs as well.

aw man!! too bad i wont be there. i really want to see come modded maxijets work, and i am interested in this modded scwd.

maybe next meeting, or some other time jon

Ill put some pics of it later today in my gallery. Its a nice setup, and the overflow is rather quiet. I didnt bother cleaning the coralline and such from when I took it down, just hosed it out. I figured that its just easier to clean when setting it back up than when taking it down. The stand is all honey oak...very euro looking. Luckily, its also dead easy to set up and take down. All you need to do is find a nice sump return pump and heater. I used an ebo 50 watter and an eheim 1250 for the return. Nice clean looking nano. The sump even has room for a skimmer if you desire, or a larger remora type can be hung on the back of the sump. I used to have an auto-top-off there...I suppose I could throw that in as well since its a DIY 1gallon battery powered top-off that was made only for nanos. I suppose a refugium light is needed as well if you want to light the sump, but thats optional. As is, the setup is pretty turn-key.

Ahh, very nice. The system sounds great. But i still am not sure if i will be able to take it on. Ill have to think about it.

I have 2 6 gallon tanks and a 10 gallon wrought Iron stand I would sell if anyone is interested. I will bring along with a few other things....I also have a mint 20 gallon high, that I would part with if someone really wants it.
Ed

Back