Aptasia infestation in nano

I had this problem to an extent still have one or two. Apistisia x works but not really kills but babies come back. I used peppermint shrimp I bought six three Months ago 4 still alive. And I have maybe one or two apistisia left in tank and I think that's because there getting used to eating food. Don't waste money on apistisia x get some peppermint shrimp dont feed tank and go from there

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Dosing vinegar will absolutely not help get rid of aiptasia. It might help nutrient levels slightly, but that's unrelated to aiptasia. Boiling water I wouldn't bother with, lemon juice is going to mess up your pH and nutrient load (it'll reduce nutrients slightly, but it'll bomb your pH).

I honestly, truely, think that slow and steady one-by-one kalk paste application is the way to go. If you're infested to the point of where you'll never find them all, you can try a berghia nudibranch, or matted filefish (I think that's the one, there's only one filefish that eats aiptasia, and I think ORA breeds them now too).

Boiling water is always my go to and I've had 100% success with it ... but to each their own

8bbcd0dac413d0834de0fec77bb09b40.jpg
c6351ff3ab1530eef25e4b3ce26e59c9.jpg
2ae0a31c74809847742f6aa0eda2095e.jpg
cf47b48a2021ac4adb66590658258fcc.jpg
86649de92f5ec0c0cbf66b89e97d5e76.jpg

Here are some pics of the tank setup and the aptasia

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Contrary to what some have said, I do think you can get rid of your problem with
aiptasia-x. By the way your set-up and tank look nice.
Barry

Aptasia infestation in nano

Yup decided to give aptasia x alast chance and thanksBarryv

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have used boiling water with success, but peppermint shrimp get the job done with no work. The paste works too, but boiling water is easier and has worked just as well for me, and does not effect chemistry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back