Aptasia - PITA

pisces 12

So I've tried all the chemicals to kill this pest , high powered laser, file fish all he did was pick on my soft corals and did not touch the aptasia, luckily i was able to remove him before he did any serious damage now im up to Berghia Nudibranchs hope this works problem is i have a yellow coris wrasse and a Harlaquin tusk, and a black leopard wrasse and a 6 line, if this doesn't work i might try a CCB runing out of options the tank is doing great expect for this Pest anyone have any suggestions ?

The wrasses will likely pick on your peppermint shrimps. I have mostly wrasses in my tank. I placed 4 peppermint shrimp to help control my aiptasia problem, they didn't last more than 24 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried aptasia X..? Usually takes several doses, but it works..I bought an aptasia wand...works great if the aptasia isn't able to retract deep inside a crevasse in a rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've tried all the chemicals to kill this pest , high powered laser, file fish all he did was pick on my soft corals and did not touch the aptasia, luckily i was able to remove him before he did any serious damage now im up to Berghia Nudibranchs hope this works problem is i have a yellow coris wrasse and a Harlaquin tusk, and a black leopard wrasse and a 6 line, if this doesn't work i might try a CCB runing out of options the tank is doing great expect for this Pest anyone have any suggestions ?

Those wrasses will eat the nudis.

Move them out, then you can bring in Berghia Nudibranchs

CCB would be good call, but pep shrimps has been known to eat LPS

I have always used, and STILL use, Matted Filefish, Bristletail Filefish, or Matted Leatherjacket, whatever you want to call it. Very peacefull, and will keep them gone. You just have to keep them in your tank. Aptasia will come back if not.

I too have kept an aiptasia-eating filefish. Cool fish! Her camouflaging allowed her to disappear in front of me. She ate aiptasia but also went after spaghetti worms in my sand bed. Not cool. Also a purple condylactis and a gorgonian were picked at.

So now I have peppermint shrimp, which also eat nems but are lower impact on inverts.

My filefish of 7 years passed away. I start to see a few appeared in hard place to get to. To my surprise today I was breaking up an overgrown Pink bird nest colony inside were two big fat Aptasian and my Emperor angel just came by and gulf them up in a second before I cant even know how to get them

Back