aqua C

petes313

i'm looking to order an aqua c remora skimmer for my new reef tank and i'm trying to figure out where to order it from. the prices are pretty close to the same along with the shipping costs, but has anyone out there had better experience with a certain website then others. i have had bad experiences with marine depot with the shipping taking almost 2 months, so if anyone has some suggestions on who carries aqua c and has good shipping if you could let me know that would be awesome. thanks everyone

I've ordered a ton of times from Marine Depot and have only had one out of stock experience. They've been very good to deal with in my experience. I've probably placed more that 20 orders with them.

i have one with a pre skimmer box and MJ powerhead, used for few months, great condition, i am going to list it here for sale probably tomorrow, if you are interested ping me we can work something out ;)

If I were you I would do a search on the Aqua C Remora skimmers in the equipment forum here. You will find half the people hate it and the other half love it. There are other skimmers for half the price like the coralife needle wheel that many people love. Premium Aquatics has them and they are very good about shipping.

I am currently using Remora. Coralife Super Skimmer (CSS) is a newer product, and produce better skimmate. If there is a good mod to reduce the micro-bubbles from the CSS, then I will switch without hesitation.

Clean your PM box.

Clean your PM box.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6496156#post6496156 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Vetter1980
If I were you I would do a search on the Aqua C Remora skimmers in the equipment forum here. You will find half the people hate it and the other half love it. There are other skimmers for half the price like the coralife needle wheel that many people love. Premium Aquatics has them and they are very good about shipping.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6497292#post6497292 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TekCat
Does anyone run AquaC Remora with something more powerful than MaxiJet1200?

Yep, Mag 7 Works great
For a 75 gallon I would go with the mag 5 or 7

I run it with a Mag 3 and it works great. Pulls skimmate like I see everyone bragging about in the deltec mce600 pics.

I think you will find most that are dissatisfied are running theirs with Rio's or MJ's.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6497292#post6497292 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TekCat
Does anyone run AquaC Remora with something more powerful than MaxiJet1200?

I have a Mag 3 on mine it works good on my 75g.

I am running a remora pro with a rio 1400 and pre-skimmer box. This works very well, produces excellent skimmate. Judging by all the negative publicity that rio pumps get, I guess I have been lucky because I have had no problems. I wish you good luck with whatever skimmer you choose.:rollface: Brad

Back