AquaForest Program

Just received my Component A, B & C, Ricco Food and Coral Food. Remaining supplements will be here tomorrow.

NP Pro was backordered and should be here sometime next week. Full program will begin then.

As Useful said, some progression shots of our tanks would be nice. I do not have a macro lens, but I do have a DSLR. Maybe I can take some decent shots with that?

Thanks for posting those pics Pat and I found his thread too. Man I wish it was cheaper to run. Maybe I'll try a couple products and see if I can avoid the full program. I'm afraid if I try it on my 45 I'll have to have it on my 150. Or maybe zeovit prices will come down the way mp40 prices did when the gyre came out.

Mike that would be great if you could. If they come out too blue to post try adding a 6500k CFL in a shop light along with the ATI. My last round of pics was with the t5's and only the whites on my AI and I hardly had to adjust white balance.

Yea Perry has been documenting along the way and wow what a turn around. The beauty of the system is you don't have to go full blown. If I wanted to get my feet wet, I would get the Probiotic Reef Salt which contains the Probiotics as well as Aminos and Vitamins in the salt. I would then compliment that with the Components A,B, and C which is trace and minerals. Those are administered weekly and I am just adding to my water change water each week.

Going to try and document some growth and color pictures. These were taken with a Canon Rebel T3i with an 18-55mm Lens...I have zero photo skills. Just a simple point and shoot and hope for the best.

Jawbreaker

Purple Stylophra

WWC Unknown Acro

Purple/Yellow Ricordia

WWC Green & Yellow Torch

KRAZE Rainbow Infusions

EFC Red Devil Digitata (Red Polyp w/ black/blue base)

Jason Fox Sour Twist

Red Acans

Bubble Gum Chalice

Do you need to run ProBio F if your running the zeomix. Tweaked- I noticed your not running ProBioF but is that because of the zeomix or your bio pellets?

Do you need to run ProBio F if your running the zeomix. Tweaked- I noticed your not running ProBioF but is that because of the zeomix or your bio pellets?

Yes pro bio f is just the bacteria and media in powder form. Most guys with smaller tanks run that. The zeo stones are a whole different thing all together and aids in water clarity etc. just another media for stripping.

Here is what I ordered:

Probiotics and Nitrification:
Pro Bio S
NP Pro

Supplements and foods:
AF Coral Food

AF Coral A
AF Coral V
AF Coral E
AF Coral B
Fish V

Additives:
Component A
Component B
Component C

Media:
Phos Minus
Carbon
Zeo Mix

Not doing Coral F (only have sps)

With my current setup I will be maintaining alk, cal, and mag by kalkwasser and b-ionic.

Am I missing anything.

Here is what I ordered:

Probiotics and Nitrification:

Pro Bio S

NP Pro

Supplements and foods:

AF Coral Food

AF Coral A

AF Coral V

AF Coral E

AF Coral B

Fish V

Additives:

Component A

Component B

Component C

Media:

Phos Minus

Carbon

Zeo Mix

Not doing Coral F (only have sps)

With my current setup I will be maintaining alk, cal, and mag by kalkwasser and b-ionic.

Am I missing anything.

You are missing the secret AF cult handshake...

I have a single brs reactor and a Brs dual reactor. I was planning on running them all in the single it they fit.

I have a single brs reactor and a Brs dual reactor. I was planning on running them all in the single it they fit.

You have the 60g correct. You want to start all of this program at half the recommended. The single reactor is more than enough for you. Stack on bottom zeo mix, middle carbon, and top phos minus. The carbon is like large rabbit food it's crazy lol

Thanks. Am I missing any products. I have biopellets but would rather not use them if I dont have to.
As for "half the recommended" is that for media or for everything?

As far as the media's go.

What is the depletion rate of each type? I know you can stack them, but what a pain to have to keep taking offline to change out one if it depletes faster.

Generally carbon will deplete faster than a phosphate reducer. In terms of space saving it's a great concept.

Thanks. Am I missing any products. I have biopellets but would rather not use them if I dont have to.
As for "half the recommended" is that for media or for everything?

You have everything my friend, and yes half on all the products. They recommend to start at half and observe/test. Then go from there. The full blown program as you may know is SPS in the pastel colors like the zeo program. With the AF program, you can adjust and blur those lines. Keep us posted. An all SPS tank is the way all of those products were intended to be used.

As far as the media's go.

What is the depletion rate of each type? I know you can stack them, but what a pain to have to keep taking offline to change out one if it depletes faster.

Generally carbon will deplete faster than a phosphate reducer. In terms of space saving it's a great concept.

4 weeks for carbon and gfo, 6 for zeo. I am just going to change every 4 weeks on all three. KISS

Back