aquamaxx ConeS CO 1 skimmer review

sorry about that

i couldn't open it either unless i right clicked and opened in new window. my bad!

ya, the CO1 doesnt have that but it looks like a pressure fit sleeve that slips into the body and the tube that goes from the pump to the bubble plate slides through it.

i had dealt wwith a guys named Larry a few times through info@aquamaxxaquariums.com

hopefully they can get it sorted for you. you could always try a uniseal and trim it a little if neccessary

sorry about that

i couldn't open it either unless i right clicked and opened in new window. my bad!

ya, the CO1 doesnt have that but it looks like a pressure fit sleeve that slips into the body and the tube that goes from the pump to the bubble plate slides through it.

i had dealt wwith a guys named Larry a few times through info@aquamaxxaquariums.com

hopefully they can get it sorted for you. you could always try a uniseal and trim it a little if neccessary

Thanks, I'll give aquamaxx a try and the uniseal is a good idea too.

Sorry this thread is just sooo long. I recently had my CO-1 in a 5 gallon bucket for 5 days at the recommended 9". I did notice the silencer with a half inch of water in it so I raised the skimmer section of my sump so the silencer and the ring around the body are just above the water line in the sump.

My issue is, the skimmer is unloading an ungodly amount of micro bubbles from the outlet above the 90 elbow at the base of the adjustment knob. I though from these reviews that it might be broken in by now. I've put the skimmer in the sump now (tank still cycling) and figured it might need more break in time. The adjustment is currently all the way open.

Any insight on what I can do now? Will these microbubbles stop soon? Or do I need to make an adjustment?

I noticed this on my new to me [used] CO1. When I first put it into the sump it ran fine, no microbubbles and a good foam head. Then it got some water in the silencer portion, and it started producing microbubbles. I took it back out, added a rubber gasket to the part where the circle of the silencer meets the base, blew through the venturi tube and started it back up. Boom, no more microbubbles and a great foam head produced again.

Try pushing the air out of the venturi, it might just have some water in it [or be blocked by something]

Back