aquamaxx ConeS CO 1 skimmer review

Great!

Trust me, it will work perfect. On the sock! only a small piece of rubble is needed. I am running a sicce psk400 right next to mine and it kept getting sucked into the volute. A small peice (1 x 2") was all it took to anchor the sock. I just dump it rinse it and drop it into the new sock when a switch. Easy peezy

Took me 3 days to read through this thread. Thanks for keeping updating and answering questions. Just got my co1 today from marinedepot because they have this 25% off on all Aquamaxx skimmer and I can't wait to set it up. Is yours still going strong like day 1?

Hello,

good choice for skimmer ;-)

I gave my CO1 a break for a while until i put it back on a system in my office.

I have a bigger system at home so I'm running a different skimmer on the new tank.

My CO1 NEVER skipped a beat. always fired up, and always skimmed great. I would suggest getting a good brush set to clean it with pipe brushes for the cones. That was the only mild irritant with the skimmer. DETAILED cleanining every few months LOL.

let me know if you have any issue setting it up

happy reefing

tivo

Hello,

good choice for skimmer ;-)

I gave my CO1 a break for a while until i put it back on a system in my office.

I have a bigger system at home so I'm running a different skimmer on the new tank.

My CO1 NEVER skipped a beat. always fired up, and always skimmed great. I would suggest getting a good brush set to clean it with pipe brushes for the cones. That was the only mild irritant with the skimmer. DETAILED cleanining every few months LOL.

let me know if you have any issue setting it up

happy reefing

tivo

Thanks. When you say cleaning with brush do you mean cleaning the pump or the acrylic body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a Geo R 24'' sump at Macna, Marine Depot was nice enough to loan me a Co-1 to see if it fit in my sump and yes it does.
Wow! That was nice of them! shows that MD will do what it takes for customers. Those geo R sumps are sweet. BIG fuge areas! They don't give a lot of space for skimmer options though. I think you'll enjoy that CO1 chugging away and you may just want to keep it. Let us know how it goes.

Happy reefing

Tivo

The 24'' model does not have a huge area, the larger units have a very large skimmer area but no huge area unless you run a true external skimmer then you would have a great huge area.

I did not think the Co-1 would fit, due to the heater bracket in the same area as the skimmer. the Geo guys were amazed on how good the skimmer look in the sump, perfect fit.

ah ha!

now i get it!

Just looked again at those. Very nice!!!

I like how the reactor feeds back off the return. How easy is it to change out the filter socks? Looks complicated. I can visualize how the CO1 would look so good in there for sure!!!! looks like they would be made for eachother.

^^^^Think of the hard plastic spacer that they have in reactors, they have one of those with a 1/2'' PVC pipe installed inside the spacer (Black). Just grab the black tubing pull the sock out hold the sock it just pops off the spacer. I wish I can post pictures hard to get the kids to do anymore. So very easy to remove the socks.

Post a picture of the sump when you can if you get the CO1 up and running.
Looking forward to checking it out.

Happy reefing

Post a picture of the sump when you can if you get the CO1 up and running.
Looking forward to checking it out.

Happy reefing

Running for five days and have the valve all the way open to the max. Wash it in hot water and stared pulling stuff from the minute I piling it in. It's a 40 breeder. Currently fishless due to ich. All fish are in QT right now.
0732a9531e3f0d760726b996889df99c.jpg

a5126e399f037c3cc3cf7287638e5be9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leave the adjustment where it's at for now. It will only get better.

It looks a little on the dry side but the bubbles are very fine coming over the neck so it may just be the pic. Looks good!

This is my Geo R sump that I bought at Macna it is the 24'' model. My son was able to post the picture. It holds two 4'' socks and the built in reactor is two the right. The skimmer area is adjustable and the sump has a holder for a dosing pump and holder for different type of ATO devices.

wow!

I'm really diggin' that sump moondoggy4.

Nice!!!!

What are the dimensions? I need one if it will fit my stand.

thanks for the pics

Tivo

I am sorry that I did not see the responses earlier, I am not getting updates anymore, the dimensions are 24L x 15w x 15t I do not think I will be covering my sump LOL

sorry, cleaning the cup, BB plate cones and pump. the body itself should only require light cleaning maybe once or twice a year depending on build up.

top fin makes a decent small set
http://www.petsmart.com/fish/brushe...g-brush-set-zid36-5175117/cat-36-catid-300080

good small brushes for cones
https://www.amazon.com/eBoot-Nylon-...=1473863520&sr=8-19&keywords=aquarium+brushes

May I ask what brush or whatever tool do you use to clean the area between the neck and the wall of the cup? The gap is so small that any brush I can fit in there are too soft to do a thorough cleaning. It has been bothering me since my first cleaning...
Thank you.

Back