Aquarium Depot has pulsing xenia

ReeferKimberly

Marley & Me
And they didn't even know it. Was labeled blue xenia. With the flow I couldn't tell they were pulsing until I got home. They said "they didn't have any pulsing because it doesn't ship well"....well.....I guess they were wrong because its clearly pulsing in front of my face. I don't know if anyone else is looking but I know if someone else would have made this post before I bought it I would have been running there as I have been wanting pulsing xenia for a long time. Aquarium Depot, on West Ivy behind Denios (I didn't even know it was there either until yesterday!)

psykobowler

Thanks for going Kim. Back in the day they used to be inside Denios farmers market as aquazoo then Jack got a deal on rent in that place so he moved his saltwater shop outside so his customers do not have to pay for parking at denios. Most everyone here knows about AD and YR and they both have their niches. I don't even consider them competing stores because they offer different products and services - they are complementary to each other. I buy almost 100% of my corals at YR but once in a while AD has that one thing you are looking for. They carry more soft corals and lps than sps corals. I buy almost 100% of my fish at AD because they are relatively inexpensive compared to other stores and with the use of ozone disease is not a problem. I am glad you have another place to shop now in Roseville. Cheers.

Glenn

ReeferKimberly

Marley & Me
Thank you for telling me about it! I will be going back. Often! Jack, Jeffery, and Jason are so so nice. I like a good family run business. I felt like I had been coming for years, they are wonderful people. It was a lot bigger than I thought. I thought for sure I was lost on this industrial/residential street...i'm thinking..um okaaaay...but there it is, little blue building out of nowhere. I remember them in Denios. I always wondered how they kept fish alive. For the setup they had, they did surprisingly well with that. Oh, and I did name drop ;)

Hey Glenn you by any chance have tubing and a pump suitable for a media reactor? I won that 15 millionth post here, (thats again so so much reefcentral!) and I knew I would ask ya first. I will wait until it arrives to see about what kind of pump/tubing I need and see if you have any you want to sell :)

Paulca916

Retired Reefer ;-)
Paul, I have 2 reactors sitting at home. You could have asked me and I would have hooked you up.

Glenn

Thank's Glenn but I also have 2 of Ed's reactors I really like them but I like the hang on bracket on the NEXT REEF MR1's that way I can hang them out side of my sump.