Aquatic Life 115 Overflow Issues

kaijor

Hello,

I’ve been having some trouble with my skimmer overflowing with microbubbles. It seems like it might be related to Waste away gel I put in. Is this a possibility? Has any had any experience with waste away gels (Dr. Tim’s) and skimmers?

Hello,

I’ve been having some trouble with my skimmer overflowing with microbubbles. It seems like it might be related to Waste away gel I put in. Is this a possibility? Has any had any experience with waste away gels (Dr. Tim’s) and skimmers?

Yes, adding any bacterial additive can make a skimmer go nuts. Adjust the water level in the skimmer downward until things calm down, usually a day or so.

Sorry, I should’ve given more context. I’ve actually had the gel in for about 4 or 5 days. As it is one of those ones that releases over a month. But the skimmer still hasn’t stabilized.

Sorry, I should’ve given more context. I’ve actually had the gel in for about 4 or 5 days. As it is one of those ones that releases over a month. But the skimmer still hasn’t stabilized.

Welcome to Reef Central kaijor I've never used that product but it seems logical it would cause your skimmer to react.

Time is probably your best bet. Maybe take the cup off for a day or so and see what happens. . Put it back on for a few hours and go from there.

On aside note; what is "waste away gel?" This doesn't sound like something you should be adding to your tank to begin with. Just let nature take it's course regardless IMO. GL.

Last edited:
Back