Are bartlett anthias jumpers?

phillipj2

I have a freind who is going to buy some bartletts but after researching he found people are saying they are jumpers. Has anyone has this problem. He has a open top tank and is worried. Any info will help thanks.

Yes, they are. I don't know what other info you are after?

Many keep them in open top tanks with relatively long term success, especially if the tank's other fish are calm.

Thats what i was looking for, to see if people had any problems with them jumping out. I have also heard of long term success.

We have had two of them jump in the middle of the night .......when we found them it was too late

They are great fish ........we love ours

Thanks for your input my freind is going to buy them the odds seem to be that they wont jump. So lets hope so.

Yep, jumpers! I had a school of 6, that slowly became the 4 musketeers, than the three amigos, now hans solo! I don't know why he didn't jump out (knock on wood), but I do have a heavily stocked tank with fish and they seem to be skittish. Great fish, wonderful color, just jumpers. The cat would drag there dry little bodies out a day or two later. Just put a lid on the tank.

I have a tank that is basically closed on three sides, but there are slots for the overflow (on both sides) and since it's a bow front, also have the opening on each of the front side. I really don't want to close the tank in, but I will put netting over the whole top for a few weeks after quarantine to see how they react. Thanks Phil for the post - I'm going to try to permanently address some of the gaps a fish might jump through. And I do want to get them.

Liquid Kingdom had some last time I was in there (couple weeks back). Thought about one for my tank til I realized what they were and that I didn't have the water volume for one (15G nano).

I've always found large numbers of them at Aquamart, they were always healthy and eating well too...

Back