Are these bad ?

saltwaterpimp

I have some very tiny worms on my glass and one of my corals that i could see,(with a magnfying glass) They are a brown/redish color and move fast not like a flat worm..I don't think ??? I dont see any damage to the coral,When the coral is closed though, i can see 100s of these on my Nepthia..i know this is a lame discription ...sorry.. i have this pic, i think these are the same worms that are on my coral....
Worms012.jpg
[/IMG]

Probably flatworms. I got a bunch of really tiny ones off of a piece of coral sometime in the last couple of months. I only see mine on the glass like they might be eating diatoms. They look like they are about the same size as yours compared to the size of your sand. I don't know if they will grow into larger ones but so far they have remained small.

They are smaller then a piece of hair, almost bananna shaped , pointy looking in the front/back of them, I dipped the coral today in TMPC, i see no signs of the worms yet..still looking for a possable ID..thanks

Those aren't harmful flatworms. They're harmless. I can't specify exactly what species they are, but they have been in every reef tank I've ever owned. If you let the diatoms grow on the front glass, you will see that they actually eat little paths through it. I've never seen any negative reaction from seeing them in the tank. Sorry i can't be more specific with the naming...

Thanks man, They do look alot like them but no green from what i can see..i will read more on them then comment further..

Thanks again guys..

Back