Are these Xenia's dead???

jarrett shark

I think they got electric shocked, I found my fuge light fell in sump the other day, all other coral looked bad for that one day but all are perfect now. all levels are perfect except a Amoinia -high a little from overfeeding but comes down in a day or to after stop feeding?
These Xenia are like weeks in my tank and I always give them away. I am worried about if there is going to be a die off in the tank? I tried to scrap off the rock but can't get all of it off.

sorry bad camera

Attachments

• PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
It looks they are not dead yet but geting close. I would move them lower in the tank in a calmer water zone. Mine love being lower and a calmer you might still be able to save them.

its funny b/c they grow on the glass walls also and like the top of the tank,
I hate them anywayb/c everywhere in my tank, just dont want to see a die off if I dont get them out. Hope tomorrow they look better.

calmer water is better cause if any small piece breaks off youll end up with it at the other side of the tank and it goes crazy from there

It's a shame such a pretty coral can be such a nuisance. I had xenia all over my old 55 gallon, and I loved watching them, but jeez they just took over. I have to resist the temptation to get any for my current tank.

Mine do that every once and awhile some will die alot of the time pieces break off than you end up with more some where else..

exact same thing happened to me , my sump light fell in and i didnt find it until the next morning , I had the xenia in the sump for a friend who had a crash and broke the bad news to him but most came back after a month or so . its hard to kill a weed .

I had some that looked like that, it started to deteriorate and break up. I just cut the tops off and left some of the good flesh on the rocks. Grew back without an issue.

I have had PomPom xenia that did the same thing and never grew back.

Back