Are yellow coris wrasses reef safe?

vick

I was looking at the Live Aquaria site and they had them listed under wrasses for fish only tanks.

I have mine in a reef. He doesn't bother anything. I have friends who also house yellow coris wrasses in their reefs with no problems.

completly reef safe IMHO, and great for controlling flatworms, and monti eating nudies.

I have a trio of them in my reef.

yea, i think this may have been mis-categorized by live aquaria.

I too wondered the same thing when i saw it on their site but, as stated above many people keep them in reef tanks.

I have one in QT ATM

One helped my reef and fixed my massive flatworm outbreak. He also eats all of my newborn seahorses so that I don't have to raise them!

i just picked one up this week and love him! He's a little guy, only about 1.25" and hasn't touched anything besides fish food thus far. My buddy has a 4" yellow in his 72bow and everything's fine in there too. So yeah, scoop one up, they are great fish to watch.

yep I have had mine for about 2 months now and I WISH he would eat some feather dusters but he hasn't! he swims a lot and searches for food. totally an awesome fish. supposedly they will keep pests off corals too such as nudibranchs on zoanthids.

When they're fully grown there's some chance they'll go after smaller shrimps... but other than that they're perfectly reef safe.

Mine is roughly 4-5 inches now and has the orang and green on the face. Hasn't touched anything in the tank.

Haven't had any probs with ours, and I think the with caution is because of exactly what treylane said, although mine's now full grown and hasn't gone after anything but food. Have had ours since last October. Took care of the pyram snails for us the first 2 months (the point of purchasing him).

Haven't had any probs with ours, and I think the with caution is because of exactly what treylane said, although mine's now full grown and hasn't gone after anything but food. Have had ours since last October. Took care of the pyram snails for us the first 2 months (the point of purchasing him).
I don't think it's full grown yet, unless you bought it at a larger size already, I have had mine for 2 years and it is almost 5"s and is still not full grown. It is a mature male adult, but I wouldn't say done growing.

Great experience with mine - reef safe. However have a tendacy to hunt hermit crabs just like any other wrasse.

Back