Asm g4x mods

Linkfalcon

Picking up a Asm g4x this weekend some time going to use it on a 3 40 gallon breeder frag tank setup with a 40 gall breeder sump but I wanna mod it what mods should u do and how do I do them thanks guys the frag tanks are going to have all kinda cool stuff

if you google asm mods you will find the mesh and recirc mods and how to do them. I did the mesh mod to my old g2 and it made a good diffrence, never did the recirc mod to mine though.

best mod I ever did for my ASM G4 was put a tunze hydrofoamer on it. and a gate valve.

mesh mod works, but you have to mess with the mesh and sometimes have trouble restarting.

if you have a good pump like a sicce or a tunze, you dont need the recirculating.

I had a 2 sedras, one as a feed, and the other as a recirc. a 5000 and a 9000 I think they were.

When the feed pump died, I replaced it with a tunze, and discovered that it actually worked better without the recirc pump.

plus that tunze only pulls next to nothing on wattage compared to the energy hog sedra

no links. there is not much too it. buy a pump, maybe buy a 3/4" pvc adapator for $0.49 at Lowes and plug it in.

there is only 2 sizes, I purchased the larger one. It is pricey, and at first I was not convinced it was worth it.

but once the pump finally broke in and I found the right air mixture, I have never regretted it.

Back