ATI ICP Analysis results: Question

Zweebe

Hey reefers!

I just got my ATI ICP analysis and despite ATI don't warm me about some results, I have some question about those results that seems not good for some elements..

Here is the results I'm not satisfied:

- Silicon 178.7 µg/l
- Barium 74.78 µg/l
- Nickel 1.60 µg/l
- Copper 2.79 µg/l
- Bismuth 2.09 µg/l
- Chloride 16407 mg/l

Some SPS start to fade since few months and that's why I did this ICP test. This could be the reason according you?

I think my osmosis system membrane should be change despite it show me 0.00PPM.

Thank you for your help! ;)

Are you dosing any trace metal supplements? A lot of those are trace metals....
high metal levels cause zooxanthellae to expel, hence pastel or pale corals.

No, that's why I'm wondering why SPS don't have PE or even more bad, I got a nice colonies starting to die but dunno why... Then I think those trace metals could be the causes..

I supposed also that Silicon level is the cause of my algae little problem?

Is Detox from Triton could help me to get those metals out the tank?

And I would like also telling that despite the trace metals, my corals are not pale or pastel.. They are juste not healthy since few weeks/months

I personally wouldn't trust the Triton results for trace elements all that much. They have been shown to be inaccurate. There's an article with details available on the web. I'd look elsewhere for the source of the coral problems. Is the tank receiving carbon dosing? That seems to cause fading problems in some systems, possibly by forcing nutrient issues too low.

I personally wouldn't trust the Triton results for trace elements all that much. They have been shown to be inaccurate. There's an article with details available on the web. I'd look elsewhere for the source of the coral problems. Is the tank receiving carbon dosing? That seems to cause fading problems in some systems, possibly by forcing nutrient issues too low.

Yes I currently using Aquaforest NP Pro, Pro Bio S, Amino, Build, Energy and Vitality!

And a reactor with zeomix and carbon. I don't use Phosphate minus as I don't have any Po4 problems..

You might need to back off on the carbon dosing a bit. Different tanks respond differently, but I'd give it a shot, personally.

You might need to back off on the carbon dosing a bit. Different tanks respond differently, but I'd give it a shot, personally.

Yep, I though the same so I stopped carbon dosing since 5 days now.. Will change my osmosis system membranes and 3 filters today and will make a bigger water change this time, with reef salt from aquaforest and not the probiotic one.

Will do a Triton DETOX during 3 days and will change the zeo and carbon after that and add the GFO (aquaforest) for silicon.

What do you think about that?

Back