Attn Neptune dos users

So I'm using Neptune dos on my young sps tank, mostly frags at this time. I am currently only dosing 8ml for alk and calcium. Alk starts to dose at 9pm till 10pm once the light goes out and calcium starts at 730am.

Do you guys think I should spread out the dose even more?

Yes. You don't say how large your tank is, but as a general rule, you want the alkalinity in the tank to be a close to constant as absolutely possible.

In my particular case, Calcium and Alkalinity are dosed throughout the 24 hours of the day - the DOS makes that pretty easy.

I spread mine throughout the darkness hours of the tank to keep the PH more stable during the lights out period when it naturally drops.

Yes. You don't say how large your tank is, but as a general rule, you want the alkalinity in the tank to be a close to constant as absolutely possible.

In my particular case, Calcium and Alkalinity are dosed throughout the 24 hours of the day - the DOS makes that pretty easy.

It's a 40 breeder tank with sump

Questions about the DOS
1. Are they worth having.
2. Do the heads need replacing like other dosing pumps.
3. What size are the tubes 1/4"?

1. In my opinion yes if you have an SPS dominated tank. They ensure consistent levels of calcium and alk.

2. Yes they can and will need to be replaced

3. Yes, 1/4" and you can use RODI tubing if you want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although if you have enough demand, I would go with a calcium reactor personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back