Attn: Scuba Divers

Reefdiver77

Premium Member
Anyone out there up for a diving trip to Destin FL in August? Will dive with Scubatech. We could leave on a Friday about 12 or so and drive straight through. Will find a "cheap" hotel near Scubatech. Dive on Sat AM and Sun AM, or for those wanting to get in an extra 2 dives, you could dive Sat AM and PM. Hopefully we could eat some fantastic seafood at Dewey Destin on the Bay and make it to Gulfarium Aqua Farms across the bridge on Okaloosa Island. We could leave by 12, after the dive on Sunday and drive straight through home. I will be glad to plan this since I dive with Scubatech at least once a year. I will try and keep this as economical as I can, but will need to get an idea of how many would like to go and who would like to drive, of course with all of us splitting the cost of gas. Just let me know. Thanks, Vicki

Next year I will have to take you up on a dive offer. I have a Tech Dive course the second weekend of August at Vortex Springs / Marianna, FL.

Sounds like fun. Be very careful though. They never did find that fellow from Memphis, Ben (unsure of this last name) whose body has never been found. He was at Vortex too.

Sounds like fun. Be very careful though. They never did find that fellow from Memphis, Ben (unsure of this last name) whose body has never been found. He was at Vortex too.

I just looked up that article. Ben was cave diving in a very restrictive cave by himself. You will not find me in a very restrictive cave or technical diving by myself. That doesn't sound like a good dive plan even if you are experienced. That cave had 10 inches of clearance at the point they stopped looking for him. :eek:

I would be vary interested nice and close for me been having a hard time getting back into diving since I left Okinawa in Sept

"I just looked up that article. Ben was cave diving in a very restrictive cave by himself. You will not find me in a very restrictive cave or technical diving by myself. That doesn't sound like a good dive plan even if you are experienced. That cave had 10 inches of clearance at the point they stopped looking for him."

I kept up with this for a while. The folks at Scubatech in Destin knew Ben. Not a good idea to do what he did and enter that cave alone, especially one with that tiny an opening, where you had to take your tanks off to enter. It was very sad to me. He had a brother who died of a stroke just a few years ago in his 20's, I believe. Poor parents.

Back