Aussie Gold Torch

wishntoboutside

professional snow flake
I thought I would share this one a few years ago I got a large one head gold torch from Adam at Reef Godz. Fast forward today is some growth pictures of how well it has done on my tank. Honestly I thought it had two much flow so I put a rock to obstruct the flow. Interesting enough it as also spawned as I know have a few baby heads popping up near by.
523a498eec1fdfdc18a5b41c007ec859.jpg

fd3faf6929508698d8b11c1a06d34bce.jpg

83a31ae7e3759745d9406e11942af73c.jpg

c8c5b7585917221de00d735f0b6c83e9.jpg

As one can see the heads are a little small still but in 6 months in my tank they should be more visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great success story. You must keep good parameters there. That torch is super happy [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Compliment guys. I just am enjoying my tank and we will see how this continues to grow. For how much these run these days this grows like a weed for me. I can not even imagine what 100% captive raise would run as well. We will just let things grow until it really starts to damage the Red Planet about it then I will have to make some changes.

Very cool Richard. My indo purple and neon tips spawned late last yr/early this year and i thought i had about 20 babies at first and wen i started moving my rocks around, i found babies literally everywhere...not so babies anymore. Of course urs are triple the value of mine so congrats on eventually cashing in ; )

Very nice Richard. Is it a branching torch or wall torch? I'm curious about the spawning. Do all torches spawn like that or just certain kinds?

Very cool Richard. My indo purple and neon tips spawned late last yr/early this year and i thought i had about 20 babies at first and wen i started moving my rocks around, i found babies literally everywhere...not so babies anymore. Of course urs are triple the value of mine so congrats on eventually cashing in ; )
If I end up with more then 5 I will do a trade with you as I love the concept of 100 tank raised. we will see as they start to grow more for me where I end up with these as the tank is big and can easily be hiden.

Very nice Richard. Is it a branching torch or wall torch? I'm curious about the spawning. Do all torches spawn like that or just certain kinds?
Hello Mike, this was a branching torch. I have had branching hammers for years and no spawning on those. I am not sure how this is caused. Somethings just grow like weeds. I would rather have my SPS grow like weeds lol.

That’s super cool Richard! Well if you ever want to trade one for more sps I’m interested! ����

Also sorry for not getting back to you. Thank you for the kind message! Hope you and the family are doing well and you have a wonderful holiday and new year. ��

Richard nice to see huge colony of this specimen and not all fragged up. Love the gold sheen on this one wouldn't mind a frag of this when your tank becomes a field of gold! If you grow it they will come...

That's super cool Richard! Well if you ever want to trade one for more sps I'm interested! ����

Also sorry for not getting back to you. Thank you for the kind message! Hope you and the family are doing well and you have a wonderful holiday and new year. ��

you are in line but it will be a minute or two. hopefully this will be something we can circulate in the long run of things.

Richard nice to see huge colony of this specimen and not all fragged up. Love the gold sheen on this one wouldn't mind a frag of this when your tank becomes a field of gold! If you grow it they will come...
thanks. I will put you in line as well.

Back