Auto Feeder/Vacations

762pmcs

Hey All,

I am trying to get my confidence level up with an eheim auto Feeder I picked up so I don't worry about leaving for vacations.

The pellets I'm using aren't sinking as well as I had hoped. I'd say 20% give er take are winding up in the overflow, would be nice if I can get that lower.

I am using New Life Spectrum small pellet. I originally tried their medium size, but they are too large for my small fish, so they all sunk for the CuC to feast on.

Looking for tips with an autofeeder, or what everyone else does for vacations. Any tips are appreciated, thanks.

Currently stocking a 90, as of today 2 small Picasso's and a purple firefish, but more to come.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Feeding is truly the least important aspect of leaving. Reliability of top-off, plumbing, devices and reliable power are much more important. Your fish will be fine without feeding, but having someone you trust visually checking it out would be wise. Feeding for a week just isn't life or death, but could create problems if it overfeeds.

Feeding is truly the least important aspect of leaving. Reliability of top-off, plumbing, devices and reliable power are much more important. Your fish will be fine without feeding, but having someone you trust visually checking it out would be wise. Feeding for a week just isn't life or death, but could create problems if it overfeeds.

I do what I can for the other areas you mention, and agree of their higher importance, but am really trying to figure out what is needed on the feeding side of things, and what others do for this matter. I'm not from the area, so trusted friends aren't always an option for me.

Get a feeding ring for it to dump into.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

That's kinda of what I was thinking. I do have an IM AQUA gadget, which is kind of a feeder ring. I keep the feeder on top of my lights right now, so I would either have to move the feeder lower to the tank, or rig up some sort of funnel to direct the food to it.

Though I'm not sure it would be an issue, I put the auto feeder up above the lights with the thought that it would prevent any issue with moisture in the feeder. Feel free to tell me if I'm over thinking it, I'm an engineer, so that's what I do.

I have taken many trips and use the auto feeder and feeding ring. I also added a ups to the Apex, camera and internet so it stays on in the case of a power failure. One Vortech MP40 is on its own UPS as well. My ATO reservoir holds about 2 weeks of water but a week is as long as I have gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back