Az-no3

keep me posted - Fighting nitrates right now. I think from overfeeding - but not sure.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14808781#post14808781 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tswifty
Hey Matt, did you see your avatar made it into the April Fools Edition of ReefSlides?

I just wanna know if she's "reef safe":lol:

Think I'm gonna order a bottle this wek......anyone want in on the order?

Let me know by Thursday.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14809760#post14809760 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by the2ofus
Think I'm gonna order a bottle this wek......anyone want in on the order?

Let me know by Thursday.

was thinking about picking up a bottle of this as well, let me know the price and i will go in on it with you! No3's are getting high in my tank

I'm in for a bottle as well. Remember to make sure your getting enough O2 in the system as the website says the product may take out O2.

Not to get in the way of dumping one more bottle of mystery liquid in your tanks but have you considered simply doing water changes? And then after water changes have stabilized your systems, adding a natural nitrate remover like sump+macroalgae or remote deep sandbed filter?

S !

yep - doing that as well. I think my problem occurred from my 13 year old getting a "fire" for this hobby in the last 60 days and feeding my tank when I was not around ( without my knowledge of how much) = over over feeding- so Now I have hair algae, Bryopsis. Figured I attempt of this product and then let the system reset itself. Running a Phosband reactor as well since testing and finding the nitrates and phosphate were high. By the time the product is here I hope to no longer need it.

i do 10 gallon water changes every friday morning when i get home from work. no3's are still kinda high, but as acer stated by the time the bottle gets here i hope to have it back down as well. it wont hurt to just have in hand in case something happens.

One of the best purchases I ever made was PURA Nitratelock. I bought a $30 fluidized bed filter that sits down in my sump to hold the media bag, and my nitrates stay right at or just above zero. The stuff lasts for months and can be recharged.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14815492#post14815492 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by acer
I'm in for a bottle as well. Remember to make sure your getting enough O2 in the system as the website says the product may take out O2.

This is also the danger with vodka dosing if you aren't really really careful. Personally, I agree with the point made above that miracle fixes are no substitute for water changes, etc. and unless your coral is actually dying off (and not just stressed out a little bit) it could be a huge mistake to add this stuff to your tank. I don't want to discourage you from trying something new if you really feel like you should, but a lot of times the long-term implications of stuff like this is not really known.

It's an experiment for my second frag tank, I did some research on this stuff and the chemical reaction with additives in Instant Ocean salt mix along with a few other things I put in on occasion.
It seems to have an affect on the ability of some corals (ones that I have in there) to intake fresh foods at a greater pace, note the particulate size remains around 3-7IU, in most cases......

I make two frags from my main display, place them on identical surfaces with identical polyp count or in length...systems are separate......same lighting, so far the anthielia I tried almost doubled the growth of the other both in growth and reproduction....don't know if this counts but I put 4 mushrooms in each container 7 weeks ago when I started this...one has 12 shrooms in it and the other has over 20 that I can tell....

I'm leaning towards the carbon source of the product having an effect on digestion and possibly photosynthesis is affected due to there growth.

I don't know for sure.....next are zoas, then anemones.

The one with az no3

They are only 22gal totes 3/4 full with 2 x 65w pc and 2 t5's

each has a clump of cheato stuck under the rack.

I cut my old pc fixture in two for this :lol:

Back