Back again, any more ideas, or should I just tap out?

This is so true. Really, only when I stopped everything did my tank take off. It's like a Chinese finger trap. Stop messing with everything, let it find its own equilibrium, and then good things start to happen.

Yep! It's something it looks like most of us seem to learn the hard way. Another one I read and liked was a play on the old death and taxes quote; "The only certainties in reefing are Problems, and Water Changes".

I like the first two better -- But its amazing how sometimes just hearing the *right* words, or, the words the right way, can give you that ahah moment that clears things up.

Now that I like!!! Problems and water changes!!! That's all it's been for me since the beginning a few years ago!!! And time and money!!!

Ok, after the 3 days of 5ml randys alk each day, reading were:

Before 7.6
Day 1-10.0
Day 2-9.6
Day 3-9.0
Day 4-8.0
At day 4 I added 5ml

So what does this info tell me? Should I add 5ml every 3 days?

How does the trumpet look? Should be fairly puffy and open by now. Please post a pic!!! :)

CNCGuy -- I would definitely suggest pictures. It may seem like a lot of work, but I would suggest taking the highest quality pictures you can each time you post an update (It's the ONLY way we can tell, as we cant see your tank from here).

Take 5-6 pictures of Corals, and a FTS.

With those pictures updated 2-3x a week we'll be able to really see whats going on.

Sounds like a lot of work -- But if you really want our help, we have to see whats going on..

CNCGuy -- I would definitely suggest pictures. It may seem like a lot of work, but I would suggest taking the highest quality pictures you can each time you post an update (It's the ONLY way we can tell, as we cant see your tank from here).

Take 5-6 pictures of Corals, and a FTS.

With those pictures updated 2-3x a week we'll be able to really see whats going on.

Sounds like a lot of work -- But if you really want our help, we have to see whats going on..
Take some time and get the best pictures of the corals that you can. Sometimes when you see your tank everyday you don't notice the subtle changes.

Regarding feeding the corals. If your nitrates etc are OK I would try and feed the candy cane. Can't tell what all is there but I think everything else will just grab from water. Do polyps open up on the candy cane to where it can grab food? A trick I use is to feed a small amount of reef chili, let polyps open, turn off flow, spot feed mysis to the individual polyps. Wait till it pulls the food in to turn pumps back on, don't forget! Only feed the amount it will eat, 1 mysis per head to start.

Last edited:
much anticipated pics........

Attachments

• fts2 4-18-16.jpg
    fts2 4-18-16.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
  • fts3 4-18-16.jpg
    fts3 4-18-16.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 0
  • fts 4-18-16.jpg
    fts 4-18-16.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • lts 4-18-16.jpg
    lts 4-18-16.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 0
  • rts 4-18-16.jpg
    rts 4-18-16.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 0
The tank was open since I got the led fixture. But, being that it's beside steps, I was sure stuff was getting in, ie pet hair, dust and such. So I made a clear top for it, and put some small holes in it for gas exchange but nothing can get in. Everything looks about the same or a little better, to me anyway. But I look at it everyday too. Trumpets probably slightly better, leather good, frogspawn I think better, gsp looks a little happier, but the montipora, cloves, colt, pineapple tree, no change, that I notice. Aptasia is happy tho:(

Sorry it's taken me a little while to respond, but in Pennsylvania, when the weather gets nice, you gotta get stuff done outside! But believe me, I WILL respond, as this is a huge weight on my shoulders. Very special thanks to jml and all others following and helping

Oh, and I think the nepthea still looks the same? You guys will be able to tell me better tho, as I see them everyday

Back