Bad experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is good he mentioned it. It helps me to know not to go on Sunday. I think feedback is good both ways. People call me up at work asking about PC questions. Do I tell them to take a hike? No, spend a couple minutes helping or answering their question. 8 out of 10 times, they ask me to fix their computer on the side. Most of the time I tell em no because it isn't worth the money but if they agree to my rate and I know them, I'll do it.

I would of personally talked to the owner first but Leesburg Pet Center here is bad. Been in there several times and the owner is rude. Now I only go for live brine which is maybe twice a year tops.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6954161#post6954161 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by iflyprops
No one has ever paid any attention to me when I walk in this store... no one even said hello... After seeing dead and dying fish there I won't be back to spend a cent...

This can't be true. Be careful with your words - I have never seen anything but healthy, happy fish at Ocean Blue. And I know what to look for...

I think this is a very good discussion and it doesnt matter what type of business we are talking about. If anyone of you can tell me that you went somewhere and recieved bad service and a friend of yours asked your opinion on that particular place you would tell them about your bad experience as well as if you had a good experience. That is what this board is about, i would like to think a bunch of friends letting everyone know there opinions and their experiences with particular places and products.

its funny how some people forget all the good that ocean blue does do...i think it's a great shop, sorry about your unfortunate experience, all i can say is don't come on sundays!!! i figured all vihns regulars took that as a given!!!

I am not trying to argue with anyone but why do you think people have forgotten what OB has done for us. I think most of us think it is a great store and i have not heard anyone complain directly about the store, they may have expressed a dislike of a particular trait but nothing more.

Hey LivingSea, I told him that I would pay for the bag (didn't need O2, just mentioned that in an example of good service) and I would be surprised if people just walk into Ocean Blue and ask for free stuff. If they do, they're not too bright. I don't expect a store to just give out free stuff, but come on. Really? How many people in Orlando know of Ocean Blue? How many of those people would out of thin air decide to stop in and ask for a bag? Do you think that it might have been someone who has shopped there before and knows the store and has bought many things from them in the past. No, I must be some guy looking for a plastic bag and rubberband for some completely different reason, like...I couldn't even think of one. Maybe catching fireflies...Nah not the right season. Are you really trying to tell me everyone who walks in the store is asking for free stuff all day. That's a little dramatic. How many people have worked in retail and how often did people come to your establishment and just randomly ask for free stuff? If I went to McDonald's and asked for a couple napkins because I didn't have any in the car and I spilled something on me, they would give (and have given in the past) them to me. Now maybe one employee at some McD's wouldn't give me the napkins I needed at the time...and that guy would be considered a jerk.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6963811#post6963811 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Phintastica
This can't be true. Be careful with your words - I have never seen anything but healthy, happy fish at Ocean Blue. And I know what to look for...

Oh boy... And I was going to keep my mouth shut here on out.

Perhaps there were no dead or dying fish when you have been in the store but I have counted no fewer than 4 dead fish each time I had been in there. The first time was around october of last year, I was not greeted or even looked at, and I saw no reason to return to the shop. After hearing great things about the shop I thought I'd go and take a second look (remember that second chance someone else was speaking of?) a week or so ago. Again, not a single person said hello to me. And once again I saw diseased fish. Although I'm sure you "know what to look for," and I may not be as knowledgeable as many on this board, but <b>I do know what a dead fish looks like</b>. However I will say that their corals did seem to look good. I however will not purchase anything there since I was not even acknowledged. Don't get me wrong, I'm not high maintenence, but I do expect to be acknowledged, and Marcye does that plus, thats my shop and that is why many other people on this board and in the area swear by her.

Sorry, but I'm with CSC on this one. If you don't treat your customers right you will lose them. And we all know it is much cheaper to keep your existing customers happy than to attract new ones. I believe the statistics claim that unhappy customers will tell roughly 20-25 others about their negative experiences while happy customers will only tell 7-10. Moral: Keep you existing customers, its cheaper. Especially if it means 're-training' an employee and giving away an occasional plastic bag...

-Adam

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6964376#post6964376 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lowredranger
I am not trying to argue with anyone but why do you think people have forgotten what OB has done for us.

They haven't done a thing for me...

Not even a simple Hello.

I was in their store once about 3 years ago.
Bought a nice coral - treated poorly by their staff.
Never been back.
Nuff said.

I've been there once. It was a nice store. Seemed friendly to me. I've never seen so many yellow tangs in one store in mylife. Must of been 30. Corals seemed nice. Bought a brain and it died. Only lps I ever lost so I chalked it up to not being in good condition when I got it. I checked out some of the other stuff and a bit pricey but you do get bigger pieces though.

cschweitzer, well although thats not the best customer service i would not dismiss the store if it was me...like you said you would give them another try. hopefully its not for a free bag or to buy one :D

i do agree with a lot of the people on this thread that it is a good idea to let the owner of an establishment know if you had bad customer service, especially if you do plan to return. i think any store in this business that sponsors orca should know what happens to orca customers...good or bad.

I went to a well0 known restaurant once with my g/f's family. There was a total of 8 of us. My g/f's brother was sitting across from me. Our salads were served and in his salad was a HUGE moth. We ordered appetizers, main course and desserts for everyone. They comped the ENTIRE bill minus alcoholic drinks. I have given them another shot since this incident. I know this has nothing to do with the topic but i just wanted to share.

and isn't the ORCA mission statement leaning more toward promoting better fish health and coral care at the lfs rather than giving free o2 and free bags? i

The bullet item your referring to is pretty self explanatory

ââ"šÂ¬Ã‚¢ Promote better standards for LFS

OB is one of the better stores in town, and for the most part does a good job caring for the fish and corals. Vin/OB has accepted and promotes ORCA and this thread is one good way to ruin that relationship. It's not ORCA's job or in its mission statement to decide how OB runs its business or how their employee's handle themselves with the customers.

This discussion is a basic employee/ customer issue and should be brought to the attention of the business owner in person, not dragged through the virtual mud pile.

If anyone else has any more reactions to my comments, please pm me with them. I've been repremanded already, so maybe we should let this thread die. I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings or if anyone is disappointed by my comments. I now realize that one comment can have more impact than I would expect it to. I will not apologize for my feelings, but I will apologize for it being misunderstood. I meant no ill will. Please, no more posts here, just pm me, e-mail me, call me.

Makes sense, although I don't know why you would get reprimanded imo. Your opinion is your opinion and it wasn't slander at all. I understand you are on the board of Orca but I think it's kind of messed up for you to be called on about your opinion.

Anyway, GL with the whole thing :)

I totally disagree that anyone should not be able tell there own opinion that is what the board is for and that is why you all ask questions. Everyone here gives there opinion and if you do not like it you do not need to post anything about it. Everyone that posted comments bashing his opinion have caused this thread to go on longer than any of you wanted so it is partly your fault for not just letting him have his opinion and getting over it, instead you all came back with your own opinions which is the most hypocritical thing you can do. Come on to a board which is based on advice from other peoples experience and there opinions on things and then tell them they are wrong. That is why it is called an opinion, you dont have to follow what they are saying, or agree with it or even read it.

If anyone else has any more reactions to my comments, please pm me, e-mail me, or call me with them. I don't need any more trouble. Please let this thread die!!! Please, no more posts here, just pm me, e-mail me, call me. We don't want to lose sponsors over a stupid little comment I made.

Thank you,
Craig Schweitzer

Craig,

Since you've stated that you want this thread to end I'll take care of that for you. If that's not what you wanted LMK.

Closed...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back