Bad experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

cschweitzer

I'm not blaming Ocean Blue or Vin, but some jerk that was working there. To summarrize the story, I was on my way over to a friend's house to pick up a few things I was buying off him. I forgot when I left my house that he told me to bring a bag to grab one of my items. Since he lived like a mile from OB, I went in there to grab a bag to put my shrimp in. I explained that I was a customer and told him the situation, and I asked if I could get a bag. He responded, "We usually don't do that," to which I remarked, "What do you mean, it's like a 10 cent bag and rubberband, you can't give me one, how about you sell me one?" He simply stated, "We don't do that." I had to go over to Publix and pay for a box of Ziplocks.

What a freaking idiot!!!!!! Needless to say, I will never shop there while grandfather time is working there. I wish I could truely express my severe distaste for that guy and his unique outlook on making and keeping customers. OB is still okay (well over-priced, but okay), but the guy who was working on Sunday needs a serious attitude adjustment. Just another reason I feel SITC is such a great store...they have no real competition in customer service.

That's what I was thinking...with the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of dollars I have spent on this hobby, you would think that they would want to make customers happy, not ****ed. Like I said, though, I have nothing against Vin or OB (except the prices, but I understand everyone needs to turn a profit), but that guy...

I don't, but many people would and maybe I should, hold a grudge against the establishment, but I am willing to give them another chance. The time before this incedent, I went into the store with three people working. I had a few questions and nobody would help me. I saw someone helping the only other customer in the store, but the other two couldn't find the time to ask if I needed help. Then, the guy who was helping someone finished up as someone else walked in. He went right by me without helping. I asked for help and said he was helping someone else...the person who walked in after I had been standing around looking for fifteen minutes. I had to interrupt him to ask him any questions. I also was trying to help them by telling them they had a dead fish in one of their tanks, but they couldn't be bothered to listen to me. Maybe it's because I choose to have long hair and look like a punk, and maybe I brign it upon myself, but the judgemental way people treat you when they "THINK" you don't have money is appalling. Funny thing is, I probably would have spent more than the two other customers combined. Too bad for them.

I'm going on the three strikes you're out rule. I will try them one more time and if they strike out, there is no way I'll go back. I'll give them a fair shot to redeem themselves and hit one out of the park...or at least take the ball. I want everyone to feel I'm being fair.

I understand your frustration but why post it here? Why not give Vin a chance to make it right? See what he says..give him a call.

Like I said originally, I have no serious issues with Vin or with Ocean Blue. I actually like their store and began my reef experience with them. I did not say I would not shop there again, in fact, I said I would give them another chance. I'm not degrading their store, I'm not calling a ban on them, I was just stating my displeasure with the service I got there. I can't believe I spend so much money and get treated like trash. It's an old guy that works on Sunday. He seemed to be the only one in the store. Just overall mean attitude towards me, a customer. You can search through my posts and I have never said a bad word towards Ocean Blue. In fact, whenever people ask about stores, they are one I give a personal account of being a very nice store with nice products. I want this to be clear, I am not trying to start anything with Ocean Blue.

It is just the quality of service I received the last two times I have gone in there. There is nothing to talk to Vin about making it right, because it is not his products I have a problem with. Service can not be compensated for, it is just a lack of respect. I told a couple of my friends about the problem the first time, but said I would not post anything about it, because it wasn't a big deal. But two times in a row going in there and not getting treated bad or good, just not being treated at all. I would just hope for better service. I think people should know my experiences. I would say the same thing about any lfs that did that.

In fact a few weeks ago I was sending a coral to a guy and went up to Petsmart to get free O2, triple bagged, and rubberbands without so much as a, "are you going to buy something," or a, "you owe..." No, in fact I asked if they would like me to give them a few bucks for the service and they declined it. They don't even work in saltwater. That is the kind of service a business that wants repeat customers should be giving. I went to their store a week later and bought $80 worth of stuff, just because they helped me with 10 minutes of their time and a quarter expense. I won't hesitate to ask a business for a favor when I know that it will be returned to them tenfold. They should not hesitate to provide it. Business is business, but that is not a smart business move. I just didn't expect it and thought others should know.

Unfotunately, on this site, our forum doesn't have a customer experience page, so I had to write it here to vent. It's just really upsetting and I needed to hear others' opinions on my feelings. I don't have money for a psychiatrist(spent it all on coral), so I tell Dr. ORCA instead.

Hey Craig, sorry to hear about that. You should let Vinh know. He needs to know so he can train his employees. I have received great customer service there and everybody should too.

Vinh is a cool guy. I won't stop going there. Sorry for your experience, but give the shop owner the feedback.
Praise in public, punish in private.

I know exactly who your talking about, not to mention any names "cough" harry "cough", and I think the only reason it happens is cause vinh takes sunday off, he wouldnt let that happen if he was there.

No one has ever paid any attention to me when I walk in this store... no one even said hello... After seeing dead and dying fish there I won't be back to spend a cent...

They usually catch stuff like that fast only reason a dead or dieing fish is in there is cause it probaly just came in, unfortunatly not every fish survives the shipping process:(

yea i like the store and vin is nice and i have never had a bad experience there but i can definatly see where you are comeing from about standing around and not being able to get any help. Otherwise i love looking through the store they always have very nice things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back