Bad move

slumpysix

Hey all,
few days ago I re-adjusted the rock in my tank. My toadstool had been growning on it's own rock and leaning into one that I had to move. Well it was now attached to the one I was moving and I tore a chunk out of the stalk about 2 inches above the base. It's bad as bad can be. Any advise to save it? Should I cut the stalk above the missing chunk and re-attach to a new base? I am bummed. The stalk is about 1 1/2" dia.
Thanks for any help you can pass along.
Jeff

I'd say to give it a few days... When you say you tore a chunk out of the stalk, is there still some stalk intact? Anytime I move somethign around, I have to tear the stalks off of attached rocks and they look really bafd for a few days, then start to look better. Run some carbon and see what it looks like in a few days. Any pics of what it looks like now?

Yes here is a pic. Had to take it from the end of the tank.
Would it be wise to try and prop it up somehow? Thanks for the response!
Jeff

chunkmissing.jpg

I'm sure that'll be fine. I've done much worse to some sarcos... You can try to prop it up, but keep in mind that it will attach to the prop... If it's weight is pulling it further from the rock, I'd support it somehow (good reason for a prop). Otherwise, just run some carbon and hurry up and wait;).

Back