bare bones lighting for xenia, i want to grow it in my sump

gfk

what would the lowest possible lighting be that i could use to keep xenia? i have about a 4 inch by 10 inch square in my sump i want to try and grow xenia frags in and i want to know what is the cheapest lighting i can use. I had it growing like weeds in my nano before with 130 watts of PC. would a simple fuge/grow light from home depot work?

im hoping it will also eat up excess nutrients down there as well

I used one of those LOA lamps from HD and couldn't get any growth from xenia in my sump. In fact, they all melted away.

Just my experience.

Good luck.

Garrett.

my woman is keeping some xenia in a 28 bow with 50 watts of screw in power compact bulbs for the past month.their fine but not growing very fast,she's saving up for the correct lights.my 10 yr old daughter tried keeping them in a 10gal mushroom tank but they started turning white under 28 watts of 50/50 pc.i think it was her cheap skimmers faught.i think water make up has more to do with their health than strict lighting requirements.

yeah i think they prefer a little nitrate.my daughters tank is far from perfect lol,i let her maintain it more lately.maybe some day it will spport zenia but she don't care,she likes mushrooms and ricordia.

Back