Battery Back-up Your Reef

so it cna run my sedra pump for the skimmer and the return pump??? n e one out there have a mag 5 or 7 or whatever.

In the event of a power outage skip the skimmer and keep the return pump running as long as you can.

I would like to be put in the list if all others ahead of me pass.

HAHA... I been looking at UPS for the past month, and it's be a study in frustration. No vendor has been able to give me a straight answer of any sort. I am actually trying to find a reasonable price UPS using AGM deep cycle batteries. I bet it's pretty simple to modify an existing UPS to use AGM battery or deep cycle batteries - but I can't do it at work for liability reasons. :(

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13321395#post13321395 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by shiveley
umm. as i read that i first thought "wow, that's useful information", but then it went on to say that the information related was "meaningless", and so I thought, okay then why write it...and then it moved on to discuss battery composition, which ultimately led me to believe that the author just had too much time on his hands....

I kid...Refugee obviously is a much better resource with regard to these things than me, as I've only ever used one at work, and I have never personally even seen that one... So, the long and short of it...you won't know how long it will work with your system until you try it out yourself.

rob1991, if you're passing on the unit can you let me know.
if so, Doahh 's next on deck, followed by funman.
and yes, if necessary i can bring it to the next meeting...

Back