Beginner IM Nuvo 30L

Manny305

Hello everyone,
So I posted this on another forum for different views.

I have minor experience in reef aquariums. I had a 12g jbj and honestly I think it went pretty well until I moved and things...well...died...except nemo! He survived the move. It was just an anemone and cleaning crew royal gamma and chromis.
Anyways... about 10 years later I'm back and trying to do things right the first time.
Iv done a lot of research and used the search button a lot but I would like the personalized version vs reading advice for other peoples aquariums. This build is mainly with best bang for buck mentality with best quality possible and ease of use.
List:
IM nuvo 30l w/ filter socks
aps aluminum stand
current ic loop 36"led light
eflux 660 wave maker (1) should I get 2? (36" tank)
150w cobalt slim heater
digital thermometer
hawaiian black sand
dry pukani rock ..1or 2 pieces of live rock for gsp and Xenia
turkey Baster with marked measurements

Things I want:
el cheapo pump and heater for mixing salt in bucket
aquaticlife rodi kit (twist kind)
Midsize ghost skimmer(because it fits perfect)
Medium minimax reactor for carbon
redsea refract or atc
redsea marine test kit.
custom acrylic lid
Red Sea coral pro salt
hydrofill ato
Let me know what you guys think of this list
What should I add or modify? Should I hold off on some items? Skimmer? Reactor? Alternatives?
i want this to be an easy care tank with beginner corals lots of movement, colors, clown fish, 6 line wrasse maybe a goby and some nassaruth snails. The fiancé loves finding nemo so please recommend which fish I can have from there. I would love to have an angel fish or something cool.
Im on vacation now so I'll add pictures when I'm back home.

I've been looking into those finding nemo fish you speak of. It is recommended to have at least a 75 gal for tangs. 4 ft or more in length. You might be able to get away with a small yellow tang for a bit but you will have to rehome when its too big. Clowns can definitely thrive in a smaller tank like yours though so start there

The Nuvo Fusion? Stock pump is usually loud.

I tried Hawiian Black Sand, it's makes the tank darker, especially with the black background of the Nuvo but maybe that is something you prefer.

The media caddy, you can pull it up and replace the polyfil quickly.

Not sure how long the stock filter socks last, never used it, takes up
up the entire filter area. I add matrix after the polyfil.

Jebao PP-4 bang for the buck, actually only lowest cost one with controller

Check your rocks if it's the type you have to cure for few weeks

Back