Berlin-Reef 2.0

All in all not to bad values, Dennis.
It is just a matter to get the parameters adjusted and the reef more mature I guess.
I hope soon corals will start doing better.

Oh! Didn’t know you were using FM trace.. yes.. wouldn’t want to mix trace element brands.
Dennis, what levels do you get when you test n and p with your test kits at home?
Why do you use sponge power?
More fish is probably the best way to raise po4..

All in all not to bad values, Dennis.
It is just a matter to get the parameters adjusted and the reef more mature I guess.
I hope soon corals will start doing better.

Hey janci,
thanks, i think thats right.. I hope it will be better in the next few weeks

Oh! Didn’t know you were using FM trace.. yes.. wouldn’t want to mix trace element brands.
Dennis, what levels do you get when you test n and p with your test kits at home?
Why do you use sponge power?
More fish is probably the best way to raise po4..

Hey Matt,
no3 and po4 is 0.0000000 Zero Zero Zero :) after my salifert tests.
I dont want to many fish in my tank
and Sponge for bio and sponges. It's not good?

The ICP of ATI measures the total phosphorus and calculates the available Po4 only. Your values ​​are catastrophic. For ATI you should have about 0.08 at po4 then it is even less at about 0.03 with other analyzes. I did a reference measurement at the same time with another lab, which directly measures the available po4.
Nitrate is way too high for po4 and kh too. KH I would hold on 7 and dose po4
I suppose you are dosing nitrogen at the high levels? With that you lower po4 even further

Ok... I didn't read the result of your test correctly...
Reiser is absolutely correct... your sps are not thriving because you have no nutrients...
it is that simple ...
You are afraid of algea issues aren't you?
You can't have sps without a little nutrients...
If you don't want fish, I'd get some Fauna Marin amino acids - Amin (there are many good amino acid supplements- I just mention Fauna because you are already using some)
Also, maybe a good vitamin mix like AF Vitality..
Also, Fauna's new MIN S would also benefit your tank... you need some nutrients in there!
At the same time, get a ton of snails, hermits and maybe an urchin and don't let fear ruin the hobby for you! ;)

Aqua biotika Phosphor + ( Mrutzek) or Sangokai sango nutri-P

ULN = lower alk. low po4 with high alk promotes RTN/STN

Ok... I didn't read the result of your test correctly...
Reiser is absolutely correct... your sps are not thriving because you have no nutrients...
it is that simple ...
You are afraid of algea issues aren't you?
You can't have sps without a little nutrients...
If you don't want fish, I'd get some Fauna Marin amino acids - Amin (there are many good amino acid supplements- I just mention Fauna because you are already using some)
Also, maybe a good vitamin mix like AF Vitality..
Also, Fauna's new MIN S would also benefit your tank... you need some nutrients in there!
At the same time, get a ton of snails, hermits and maybe an urchin and don't let fear ruin the hobby for you! ;)

Hey Matt,

thanks for your words :)
I know it :headwally: never had this problems before :uzi:ahhhh....
I stop dosing start2 and sponge now.
start dosing Trace 1 - 3 with my balling light and will see if I can find new fisch.
I will order some new stuff, MinS is one of it.

Dennis I'm sorry to read that

But I had the same problems! No nutrients in the tank and all my corals were suffering

I dosed a whole (250ml) bottle of Sangokai nutri complete and it saved a lot of my corals!

And yes in an ulns you have to keep the kh lower!!

Wish you all the best my friend!

Cheers

Dennis I’m sorry to read that

But I had the same problems! No nutrients in the tank and all my corals were suffering

I dosed a whole (250ml) bottle of Sangokai nutri complete and it saved a lot of my corals!

And yes in an ulns you have to keep the kh lower!!

Wish you all the best my friend!

Cheers

thank you Flo! I try my best :uzi:to eleminate all the problems step by step

Back