Best acrylic pricing in town?

toddmau5

Someone mentioned just building an acrylic sump on my sump debate thread so it got me thinking about the difference in cost. So I got in touch with a local company and it's $195/ea doe 3/8"x48x96 and would end up needed two sheets so almost $400 on acrylic. Anyone know of any other plastic suppliers that may be cheaper?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It's been years since I was there, but Farco used to have a scrap bin that had cheap cuts. If you could use that for baffles/bracing and get down to only needing one sheet that would help the cost.

Can't comment on acrylic pricing, but a 4x8 sheet of 3/8 is a lot of acrylic and doesn't seem that crazy for a "small" order.

Just emailed farco for an estimate. Their website has them $100 over my last quote, but we'll see. Yeah I wish I could get down to one sheet but the dimensions of the tank I just don't think are going to make that possible

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If your going to do something that big, have it pre cut for you. Unless you have a large saw table and you can keep the acrylic held down and against the fence. One screw up and all the measurements have to change.

If you can use the 75 gallon as a sump you can come get it today I sent you a pm. you can add a tank next to it with a bulkhead to get that extra 2 feet of you want ....its cheap this way and should be big enough for your system

Back