Getting back in! 48x30x24 155

kris101

Premium Member
I had to take down my 300 DD due to high humidity and mold in my basement. about 5 years ago. My basement bathroom had mold growing on the walls. I ended up gutting the bathroom and found mold growing behind the walls. it wasn't all just because of the tank but it didn't help. 75% of my basement is finished and pretty tight. I didn't account for humidity reduction. Wife got sick from the mold so the tank had to go.

Original build thread: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2447285

I am getting back into the hobby after a good long break. I see that a lot has changed and I am starting this post for suggestions as I build my 155. I am looking for suggestions for lighting, Turf scrubbers and general function. This build will include humidity reduction. sump and tank will have covers. I will use exhaust fans to vent.

Tank:
The new build will be a corner In-wall with the front and Left side showing. Last weekend I ordered the tank from Planet Aquariums. 48x30x24 with a center overflow and a black background. The tank build will take 8 to 10 weeks. I think the 30" width will be awesome to aquascape, especially from the side view. I want this tank to be highly automated.

Skimmer:

Ordered a Bubble King double cone 200 from BRS. It will be delivered 10/6

Sump:
I was looking at Synergy, GEO and Advanced aquatics. GEO was 20 weeks out on build. I was leaning towards getting the
GEO SU46R-PRO-PLUS​
I was going to have it customized. I didn't want a fuge attached as i plan to run a turf scrubber. with shipping and having coves made it would have been north of $1700

Synergy looks like a good sump but ended up choosing Advanced aquatics.

It is will be white PVC with red trim. 42x21x15. Good price and free shipping 6 to 8 weeks build time.

REF#: S150 - PVC/Acrylic Hybrid Sump (10 Sizes) "“ Advanced Acrylics, Inc.

I expect this will be a slow build. I hope to have water in it by February. I plan to have SPS and LPS.

This will be an apex controlled tank-. I see there are other controllers out there so and experience is welcome.

Up in the air on lights. LED for sure

I am think MP40's for flow, but open to suggestions

GEO Clac reactor??

Since you are a ways out the Turbo Aquatics scrubber is the best one out there & you might be able to order it???
BRS on U Tube has quite a series on LED lighting, check it out.
IF you like the T-5 look the Neptune Sky, ATI Stratton & Phillips Coral Care are flat panel LED units that mimic that look. $$$

Just finalized and ordered the sump from Advanced Acrylics. Changed it up with an extra return bulkhead and decided to go with the 46x21x15. He gave me free shipping and sock silencers. John was easy to work with! 5 weeks out

Since you are a ways out the Turbo Aquatics scrubber is the best one out there & you might be able to order it???
BRS on U Tube has quite a series on LED lighting, check it out.
IF you like the T-5 look the Neptune Sky, ATI Stratton & Phillips Coral Care are flat panel LED units that mimic that look. $$$

I was looking at Icecap. Ill look at the turbo

Back