Best bulb for T5 GROWTH

Txcowboy22

I just bought a nova Extreme pro and I was wondering what light bulbs are the best for me. I am looking to get a lot of growth. I am new to t5 and I don't understad everything like par and such, I pretty much assume higher the par the better. I thought thought actintic bulbs were just for looks, but I guess thats not the case for all of them. Please someone help...

Daylight bulbs are going to supply the most PAR but are relatively "yellow". Aqua-blue bulbs are in the 11-14K range and are good for SPS and the like, but have less PAR than the daylights. I combine the two. The actinics have virtually no PAR and are for aesthetics.

Dan

I have 2 10ks and 4 actinic plus, is that a good mix? Should I add a 6500k for growth? the actinic plus do have a good par right? one is giesmann and the others current usa....

Grim's the pro with t5's but for a six bulb i'd go with front to back for a 14k look, ati blue+, uv super actinic, ati aquablue, (miday, ge65k, or aquasun), ati aquablue, blue +

Actinic's do have a play in growth but the blue + is a bit of both worlds and has great par. The super actinic is just a nice bulb that is low par but makes the corals pop.

well, I have these bulbs that came with my lights, what type of look will that give me? and what odredr should they be in? I have to have the front and 2nd to back actinic plus b/c they come on my first switch.

Back