Best Glass Scraper

I got a new favorite scraper and really only for glass tanks. I've been a big fan of the Tunze care magnet but the inside doesn't float so I had to rig up the bobber to easily retrieve it. Also the blades dull quickly which they aren't sharp in the first place and 3 blades are like $9. So, I end up getting some build up on the glass the tunze can't get so I go in with a razor.

I found the answer. The algae free easy blade attachment. It's basically what PaulB came up with and shown in his book that uses razors epoxied to a mag float.

This uses a wider blade and you just glue it to a mag float of some kind.

deff141c777063ac641dbb3dd2e8e918.jpg

4fcac0e016884c30bb868c6ca6b79995.jpg

9a50667b504fcf00af02d98b8add14b1.jpg

Seems like its been around a while but harder to find. Algae Free I'm sure would rather you purchase their newer plus mag models. Which already has a blade attachment which are like the tunze's and aren't sharp either. Plus the replacement blades are like $10 for only 2.

The easy blade replacements can be found for like $8 for 10 of them and they are actual blades.

I'm going to go with Tunze Strong. I will not eliminate the possibility of scratches but I am convinced that Tunze has the best design to remove tough algae and minimize the possibility of scratching my glass.

Just to add onto this, I just bought the Flipper Max using the acrylic blades for my 260 acrylic tank. I'm impressed, bought a second one for the back of the tank so I wouldn't have to pass to the other side of the wall. If I had something like this over a year ago, I wouldn't have so many scratches!

Gotta go with flipper. I find myself using the blade instead of the scrubber. It's nice.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Back