Best height

paja 55gl

I'm going to build stand for 40gl rimless cube, what is the best height? I'm thinking between 36" and 39"thx

Best height is high enough so you can easily get your equipment like a skimmer in and out of the sump. The 220g stand I built is 49" high so the tank is at eye level instead of so low I have to stand hunched over all the time

Some also say it depends on where you are going to view it from. Are you more likely to be sitting on the couch or standing up?

My two cents - go to the higher side of your range.

If you are vertically challenged, make it easy to reach into the tank. If you don't, you'll be spending lots of time on a step stool or not doing the cleaning.

Just built a stand for my 75. I went with a 37" height. The range you have seems good.

I will def be using a step stool.

Placing some painters tape on the wall at the stand height and tank height help envision the set up.

If the stand is to short its going to be a huge pain to clean the sump and do all your maintenance. I like to take it as high as I can while still having a good viewing angle. A higher stand just makes doing all the work inside the sump so much easier and for me since I'm lazy it makes all the difference

My old manufacturer stand for my 120 was 28" and it was almost impossible to work underneath. Just got done building a new stand and made it 38" - way better. It's definitely harder to reach inside (I'm 6'5" and have to stand on my toes to reach the bottom of the tank.) I figure that you need to work with the sump more than you need to work in the tank, and higher makes it a lot better for viewing.

my old manufacturer stand for my 120 was 28" and it was almost impossible to work underneath. Just got done building a new stand and made it 38" - way better. It's definitely harder to reach inside (i'm 6'5" and have to stand on my toes to reach the bottom of the tank.) i figure that you need to work with the sump more than you need to work in the tank, and higher makes it a lot better for viewing.

đź‘Ť

Build to the height that works best for you to view the tank.My new stand is 40'' tall.So I will have plenty of room to work in the sump area.

Back