Best Month/Time of year for most diversity on the rock?

FrankB1

Just wondering if it would be better to wait until summer to order rock since the cooler waters of winter may affect whats on the rock.

Re: Best Month/Time of year for most diversity on the rock?

FrankB1 said:
Just wondering if it would be better to wait until summer to order rock since the cooler waters of winter may affect whats on the rock.

The water is 78 degrees today!

Rock all year!!

Rock all year!!

Makes no differance....rock is the same all year......less plants in the winter......

Liverock,
How about the prospects of shipping, particularly to the west coast? Would it be better in the spring or fall as opposed to the summer (triple digits here at times) or the winter. Or does it make much difference.
....Jeff

Easy to ship

Easy to ship

docklink said:
Liverock,
How about the prospects of shipping, particularly to the west coast? Would it be better in the spring or fall as opposed to the summer (triple digits here at times) or the winter. Or does it make much difference.
....Jeff

Most cities in ca. are direct flights!
No problem!
Thanks
Richard TBS

so with water temp @ 78, are you getting new rock today? still waiting for 2nd shipment. what conditions do you need to dive for rock?

thanks
shane

Temp 51

Temp 51

shanekennedy said:
so with water temp @ 78, are you getting new rock today? still waiting for 2nd shipment. what conditions do you need to dive for rock?

thanks
shane

Water is 51 degrees today....

Look out your window....

The weather here today is 20-25 knot winds, seas 6-8 and small craft warnings...

Has been the worst winter weather we have ever had, just like yall up north.....

We had two dive days in December, six in January......

And we have another front coming this weekend.....we are tough, but do not risk our lives anymore in bad weather conditions....

Been doing this for 20 years, Hang in there...weather will break....and I CAN"T WAIT FOR SUMMER WEATHER!!
Richard TBS

www.tbsaltwater.com :rollface: :rollface:

ahh, just re-read your posting about 78 degree temp, near the top of this thread. it was from october last year.

i can wait on the rock. still have lots of unfinished work to do on tank. wife kept bugging about having empty tank, so i ordered rock earlier than i was planning to.

Back