best place to get filter socks

sirrealism

So my filter socks are all 5+ years old and are falling apart. Where is the best place to get more? Online or a LFS. Thanks

how do you like filter socks compared to no sock? I would say BRS the best place to get em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truth is I have never "Not" run filter socks or back in the day filter pads. I have heard of some not running them and maybe if my fug was larger I might try.

How do you keep your sump from having a bunch of waist in it?

I have some you can have for free. I'm just up the road in Hernando Beach. Should be around pm Tomm or I can just leave them outside.

Came from Brs and used for just over a year.

Aquatics have an Amazon storefront and the filters are cheaper there than their website plus you get the 2-day delivery from Prime

truth is I have never "Not" run filter socks or back in the day filter pads. I have heard of some not running them and maybe if my fug was larger I might try.

How do you keep your sump from having a bunch of waist in it?

use some vinyl tubing and siphon out your sump once in a while also helps when you have a over sized skimmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the info.
ByranS4 has some for me but I will make the trip down to FAOIS and pic up some more. I Like the idea of supporting local small business.

Reeferman. I am running 5 systems so socks have always been simple but I am willing to try anything once. I am going to pull the sock from one of my systems 40b. Its a softie/zoa tank so I would think if any tank would do well without a sock that one would. It has a chamber of the sump as a fug and the skimmer is rated at 150g heavy load. "Its what I had laying around". Plus this system is a PITA to change out socks.

Back