Best t5 fixture for the money

kcm34652

I bought the nova t5 about 2 weeks ago not happy at all with the fixture for the price i thought i could get over the sort comeings of the light but no luck so far any help would be great. light is a 4x54.

The nova fixture is lacking since there are no individual reflectors. HERE is a mod mmoore0803 did on a finnex fixture to add reflectors. Not sure if you have the room to try it but hey, you already have the light so WTH right. Ice Cap reflectors are 2.5" wide BTW.

Last edited:
t-5

t-5

http://www.aquauniverse.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,1053/option,com_phpshop/Itemid,31/

i got the fixture with eight 54watt t-5's.
i purchased this about a month ago and i'm happy with it. Then again, i don't have anything to compare them to except for a 192 watt PC from odyssea.

the site advertised that it has 3 power switches, but the one i received has 2 separate power switches. instead of 3. I"m not unhappy enough to complain so I never mentioned it to them. I love it.

A good T5 fixture should have the following:

Individual, good quality reflectors
T5 specific ballasts
Active cooling
A splash guard or moisture proof endcaps

Brett

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9228631#post9228631 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
ive never seen a thread with worse answers
the answer is
ati and aquatinics

Common man, my answer was OK, trying to save the guy a buck or 2 by adding good reflectors to the unit he made the mistake of buying :)

REMF you had the only good answer but i felt it did not answer the title of the thread
it was harsh im sorry

you can add some reflectors to the nova but not for every bulb every other bulb works
it will help it

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9228631#post9228631 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
ive never seen a thread with worse answers
the answer is
ati and aquatinics

Except for that little problem that ATI has still not materialized here in the US yet.

Brett

call reefgeek get your super discounted preorder in for the ati because it rocks
oh and putawaywet they are in north america and will be in the us within the month
the aquatinics is made in america and they are A RC sponser

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9228645#post9228645 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
REMF you had the only good answer but i felt it did not answer the title of the thread
it was harsh im sorry

LOL :beer:

Back