Biocube Refugium

sweetrav18

Im setting up a 29g Biocube and was looking into setting up a refugium in the back compartments of the tank. I see that everyone seems to be placing the cheato in the middle compartment, but I was wanting to know if it would work placing it in the first compartment? Ideally Id love to run cheato in the 1st, media rack and skimmer in the second and then pump heater in the 3rd.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Im setting up a 29g Biocube and was looking into setting up a refugium in the back compartments of the tank. I see that everyone seems to be placing the cheato in the middle compartment, but I was wanting to know if it would work placing it in the first compartment? Ideally Id love to run cheato in the 1st, media rack and skimmer in the second and then pump heater in the 3rd.

Thoughts or suggestions?
biocube_filter.jpg.e1a3fdbbf6f4808707191993f33e1128.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	biocube_filter.jpg.e1a3fdbbf6f4808707191993f33e1128.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	32366996

Maybe because the flow is downward in compartment two. As long as you can keep the chaeto submerged in compartment one, there's really no difference.

thanks for the input. just looking for a place for pods to populate and maybe some nutrient reduction.

any experience with the Tunze refugium light?

thanks for the input. just looking for a place for pods to populate and maybe some nutrient reduction.

any experience with the Tunze refugium light?

I assume you mean the Eco Chic. I haven't used it but there seems to be mostly positive experiences. Cool that it's submersible.

Another reason for putting the fuge after the other filtration is it prevents the pods from being removed by that filtration.

Back