Bob's 80 Gallon upgrade

Yea that is really nice .
How much did it cost you in parts?
Did you have to cut each or custom size?

Here is a basic mock up I did to help visualize my idea. I then browsed the 80/20 catalog for parts I would use in the final result.

Radion%2520Mount.JPG

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with the way this came out, new tank goes up this weekend so I can't wait to see it all come together!

Yea that is really nice .
How much did it cost you in parts?
Did you have to cut each or custom size?

The Black is more expensive, I could have made the same mount in the silver aluminum for around 100 bucks but the black was about 200 including the mounting brackets and hardware.

You tell them the length of each part when you order them, but you could just order a bunch of 4 footers and cut yourself.

I'll post the parts list with part numbers here soon...

Moving day went pretty much without a hitch, I was able to tear down the old tank and move all of my corals and fish to 2 20g holding tanks that I had sitting on my dining room floor, my blennie would not leave his rock so he had to travel to the holding tanks inside the rock, that was a bit scary. My fireshrimp did the same thing but his rock was small enough to put in a tupper so he did not get exposed to the air.

I am really happy with the way all this came out the new tank looks great!

Here are some pics!!

IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1441.JPG
IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG
IMG_1448.JPG

More pics to follow...

Thank you guys, I should have an update soon, the tank will have been up and running for 3 weeks this Sunday! :)

Are you able to post the zip file for your Radion schedule? I really like the colors and Id like to see how it looks on my tank when I get my light on Thursday! :)

Are you able to post the zip file for your Radion schedule? I really like the colors and Id like to see how it looks on my tank when I get my light on Thursday! :)

Thats easy I'm using the Radiant Color Pre-set from 8am to 8pm With the Lunar cycle turned on...

I am at 45% brightness.

Short update, I'm sooo busy I have way to many hunny doo's....

Anyway tank looked so good for a couple weeks after moving everything and then it all went downhill..

My KALK was simply not keeping up with demand even at full saturation, so in an effort to keep my corals alive I started hand dosing and that got old really fast.

Fast forward to Saturday, I installed a BM Doser and began dosing BRS 2-Part and within 2 days I have it dialed in maintaining 225 Cal, 9.2 alk, 1350 Mag, and already things look better. As soon as I see some long term stability I will begin adding more corals.

I almost forgot I also added my fish from QT to the DT, one Blue eyed Kole Tang, and 3 Anthias. The Anthias were all female when I had them in QT but within 2 weeks one had begun the change to male, he looks really cool. I will post pics soon.. my house is trashed from moving furniture and painting.

Short update, I'm sooo busy I have way to many hunny doo's....

Anyway tank looked so good for a couple weeks after moving everything and then it all went downhill..

My KALK was simply not keeping up with demand even at full saturation, so in an effort to keep my corals alive I started hand dosing and that got old really fast.

Fast forward to Saturday, I installed a BM Doser and began dosing BRS 2-Part and within 2 days I have it dialed in maintaining 225 Cal, 9.2 alk, 1350 Mag, and already things look better. As soon as I see some long term stability I will begin adding more corals.

I almost forgot I also added my fish from QT to the DT, one Blue eyed Kole Tang, and 3 Anthias. The Anthias were all female when I had them in QT but within 2 weeks one had begun the change to male, he looks really cool. I will post pics soon.. my house is trashed from moving furniture and painting.

Any new updates? My new tank has almost the same dimensions as yours, how is your flow and lighting?

Back