Bonsai and T5..great combination~!

moga

After I changed the light from 250W to T5, i am getting great growth from bonsai.

this is mother colony(well..it's tiny mother)...
the funny thing is that i fragged off this small piece to make few frags.and they are growing really well.~

Garf Bonsai was kept under VHO....and maybe that related to it?..i don't know..~
bon4.JPG

coloration is bit lighter but growth is signaficant..I think balanced lighting made this improvement..

bon1.JPG

bon2.JPG

bon3.JPG

bon5.JPG

bon6.JPG

i have 8 24W T5 lighting..
all geissman

3 aqua blue
1 mid day
3 actinc +
1 pure actinic

WhiteLightsaber) Great coloration on that coral. How have your other sps adapted to the change?
some of them got browned out.(like rainbow monti.., and unknown purple sps..) but coloration of them are even better now~

sgwill122) Where is the frag in your tank (low, medium, high)?
high..

Henry Bowman)
How long are you running your t5's daily? 8 hours weekdays
12 hours weekends.

It's T5, two units..
one Tek
the other is unknown one that i got it with trade...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15636170#post15636170 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by moga
WhiteLightsaber) Great coloration on that coral. How have your other sps adapted to the change?
some of them got browned out.(like rainbow monti.., and unknown purple sps..) but coloration of them are even better now~

Okay. I moved a frag of my Borealis to my other tank with T5. It subsequently browned out. So, hopefully color will return with the brilliance that you have accomplished.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15638778#post15638778 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WhiteLightsaber
Okay. I moved a frag of my Borealis to my other tank with T5. It subsequently browned out. So, hopefully color will return with the brilliance that you have accomplished.

I can assure you that the coloration change is just for the sps to adopt to a new lighting ...

I have this bonsai frags in my nano tank..
it has 20k 70W MH..it browned out...and it's coming back (but slowly )

I put the other one back to the main tank and the coloration is coming back..

does this coral grow very slowly? it seems like in most of the ones I see the base gets huge but branches are sparse and slow to grow......

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15640089#post15640089 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefkoi
does this coral grow very slowly? it seems like in most of the ones I see the base gets huge but branches are sparse and slow to grow......

Mine encrusted a ton then all of a sudden shot branches out everywhere..... Also looks killer under my t5's... Suppose I need to get a pic of it maybe

hmmm kinda sounds like pink lemonade acropora.......they take forever basing then one day you have a ton of branches.

it did spread in the base first.....and it seems like if there's no space to grow wider..it goes up...then branches come out of no where..

My bonsai browned out under my halides. When I switched to t5's and now it's starting to get its purple back. I love the t5 colors. The best coloration tank I've ever owned by far!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15641119#post15641119 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 60Cubed
My bonsai browned out under my halides. When I switched to t5's and now it's starting to get its purple back. I love the t5 colors. The best coloration tank I've ever owned by far!

we need to see the pic!!!! yeah.~~

mine doesnt even look close to that. this pic sucks. but the base is a dull purple with bright growing tips. growing sps easy, getting them to color up hard. :)

DSCN0423.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15642807#post15642807 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by toaster77
my GARF has been growing insanely well under T5s... this started as a 1.5" inch branch:

purplebonsai.jpg
nice..how long did you keep this coral?~
i have been keeping it since 2004..

Back