Breeding Clowns???

Hey Logan,
Like RightWinger210 says it can take a long time. It was getting to the point I was getting frustrated at my clowns...lol. The key is to just be patient. You could be doing things right now they are just not ready. They will spawn when ready and the first time you see eggs is amazing :).

Henry

i meant that if they breed it means that i did something really right

would feeding them till they are full everyday and having good water quality be sufficiant spawning conditions(as i cant raise the temp)

I think that will help but they will only spawn when they are ready. Like I said with mine they started the mating behavior in Dec and I did not see any results till April :(. The good thing is once they start you can expect to see results on a regular basis :).

henry

It's pretty simple. Fat happy fish make eggs. Keep feeding them 3 or so times a day. Add live brine regularly. hatching your own is best but you can use gutloaded brine from the store. Load them with selcon.

Keep up your regular water changes. Lighting can also be important. it is much better if they have a set lights out time (or a natural seasonal time) and it needs to actually get dark when the lights go out. This can be a challenge in an office environment

thanks...i guess that as long as my dad leaves at the same time they should be fine...if push comes to shove ill put a timer on the tank

oh what if i have a moon light on the tank will that effect the fish any???

I've never run moonlights I suspect it depends on how bright they are. If he works in the kind of office that has fluorescents on all night you will probably not be getting dark enough at night. It's best (by most accounts) to duplicate water, feeding and lighting in nature as closely as possible.

light comes into the office in the morning through the windows before he gets there...and then he turns on the tank lights...then before he leaves he turns off the tanks lights and turn ons the moon light and turns off the office lights

it gets pretty dark in his office at night...we sat there for like 15 minutes with the office lights off and just watched (with the moon lights) the tank when we first installed them...this was about 9:45PM at night

Back