breeding clowns

I don't think there's any chance that combo will be able to reproduce, and they likely will fight when they get larger.

the maroon is pretty large and they are swimming together up and down and side to side. im moving to a 75gal soon probably. soo i could seperate if need be.

That's interesting. Most people have problems. How large is the maroon? I still don't think they'll breed successfully, though.

There are a few cases of maroons breeding with either a perc or an oceallaris -- can't remember which one, but I do recall it. Though, I know that I personally wouldn't try it.

the maroon is about an inch bigger i mean i doubt they would i was just wondering. is it hard rasing regular ocealaris clown fry?

I wouldn't say hard, but time consuming for sure. Raising the food for the fry is the hardest part. From my reading, haven't attempted it yet, though I have thought about it.

Well, they're both still very young. It'll be interesting to see how the situation shapes up.

Joyce Wilkerson's book on clownfish is a useful introduction to breeding and raising clownfish. It's a lot of work.

Back